Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oklahoma in my garden

Posted by view1ny 6b/7a (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 8:06

This seems to be the last bloom of the season. The color in the pic is a bit lighter than the actual flower. The outer petals are black-red and inner petals very dark red. Very strong scent. Absolutely gorgeous.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oklahoma in my garden

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 12:33

You're right, it is gorgeous!

o

I really love this rose. Beautiful photo. Thanks!
Susan

o

I have Oklahoma and Mister Lincoln as well as Chrysler Imperial and I think it is fun to compare the three, Right now the sporadic Lincoln with it's great height and huge blooms has shut down for a while and the indifferent Chrysler seems to be trying hard but getting nowhere but old reliable Oklahoma is again springing forth. True, Oklahoma is not as tall and vigorous as it could be and the stems tend to be short and the blooms are more cupped than some would like. It is not a rose for the show but boy is it a great rose for the garden. I love the dark red which is darker than either Lincoln or Chrysler and of course the great fragrance and the fact that for me at least it is a blooming machine. A great red.

o

Oh that is fine! One of my favorite reds. I have to wait for cool temps here before I can see the darker colors. It makes me think of days gone by.

o

kittymoonbeam, I LOVE that picture! Do you know anything about it, the artist, name of painting, etc.?

o

Oklahoma with 10 buds about to bloom again. It has bloomed profusely and been continually cut back and now it is just under five feet. The white is Pascali.

o

The painting is by a Peruvian artist, Albert Lynch (1851-1912). The painting doesn't have a name, as far as I know, but the style is unmistakable.

John

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 17:35

Nice :)

o

Beautiful bloom of Oklahoma, love the color. Kitty - I love that painting too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here