Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittymoonbeam

Another silly name for a pretty rose

kittymoonbeam
10 years ago

Here's a new one that looks so pretty and has a goofy name. I was thinking it reminds me of Yves Piaget and Ascot and all the fluffyruffly pink blends. I see S&W greenhouse, Rosemania and Edmunds are selling it. French roses do well here, so I might try one. Do you like names like this? It used to be the minis that got the goofy-cutsie names.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dee Lish

This post was edited by kittymoonbeam on Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 11:33

Comments (10)

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    10 years ago

It is a very pretty rose. Personally I do not like cutesy names for roses. It wouldn't stop me from buying it but it is a bit silly.
    Susan

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Yes, it is a pretty rose, I had noticed it too, I think it is supposed to be fragrant. Cutesy names don't bother me that much, even though a more dignified name is nicer. If I like a rose, it doesn't matter that much.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

That beautiful rose's photo popped out from the page for me, and I immediately thought "what a cornball name!". With all the elegant, sophisticated, appealing names that could be used, they chose Dee Lish. I'd still buy it, though, but I'd like to know more about it than what's in Edmond's (often) hyped up description. Diane

• nastarana
    10 years ago

Alternate names include 'Alive' and 'Forget-Me'Not'. Also "Line (a French women's name) Reynoud' and there are some other names as well on HMF.

You can call it whatever you like in your own yard. If you want to resell it after 2025 when the patent runs out, I think you can still call it whatever you like.

• roseseek
    10 years ago

Aw, you obviously don't watch Rachel Ray. "Dee lish" is her favorite annoying comment. No, I don't deliberately watch her as I find her particularly annoying, but I have caught her "Dee lish" remark while channel flipping. Kim

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

A rose friend gave me one this fall but I haven't seen it bloom yet so I can't say what it is like. I hope it winters well so I can see it bloom next spring.

The rose isn't new and Line Renaud is the approved exhibition name. I don't know who decided to change it or when. I hate when they do this because it just makes things confusing.

• Kes Z 7a E Tn
    10 years ago

This is a rose I asked about previously. It has half a dozen names, at least. All of them better than this one.

I wonder what marketing genius said, "Let's forget about all those other names and come up with something really stupid that only cooking show diva fans can relate to. It'll bring in a whole new market!" Uh, don't think so.

It's so pretty in the few pictures I've seen. I hope it grows as well as its hype says it will. BTW it was sold through White Flower Farm last year as "Sweet Parfum de Provence". I remember looking it up on HMF.

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I like SPdP the best. If they start naming roses for reality show actors.........help us all. I don't know why they keep calling it reality TV. Those are actors and they follow a script. I know a few people who work on those shows. It's 90% fake. Even Antiques roadshow hires people to bring in rented objects to have them appraised. The people from Antiques Roadshow came to my guy's work looking for interesting stuff to have featured on the show.

• mendocino_rose
    10 years ago

I hate the cutesy names. I refuse to buy a rose with a cutesy name.

• nastarana
    10 years ago

Thank you, Mendocino Rose, Me too. I am glad to learn I am not alone in my distaste for cutesy naming.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler