Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another silly name for a pretty rose

Posted by kittymoonbeam 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 11:27

Here's a new one that looks so pretty and has a goofy name. I was thinking it reminds me of Yves Piaget and Ascot and all the fluffyruffly pink blends. I see S&W greenhouse, Rosemania and Edmunds are selling it. French roses do well here, so I might try one. Do you like names like this? It used to be the minis that got the goofy-cutsie names.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dee Lish

This post was edited by kittymoonbeam on Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 11:33

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another silly name for a pretty rose

It is a very pretty rose. Personally I do not like cutesy names for roses. It wouldn't stop me from buying it but it is a bit silly.
Susan

o

Yes, it is a pretty rose, I had noticed it too, I think it is supposed to be fragrant. Cutesy names don't bother me that much, even though a more dignified name is nicer. If I like a rose, it doesn't matter that much.

o

That beautiful rose's photo popped out from the page for me, and I immediately thought "what a cornball name!". With all the elegant, sophisticated, appealing names that could be used, they chose Dee Lish. I'd still buy it, though, but I'd like to know more about it than what's in Edmond's (often) hyped up description. Diane

o

Alternate names include 'Alive' and 'Forget-Me'Not'. Also "Line (a French women's name) Reynoud' and there are some other names as well on HMF.

You can call it whatever you like in your own yard. If you want to resell it after 2025 when the patent runs out, I think you can still call it whatever you like.

o

Aw, you obviously don't watch Rachel Ray. "Dee lish" is her favorite annoying comment. No, I don't deliberately watch her as I find her particularly annoying, but I have caught her "Dee lish" remark while channel flipping. Kim

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 23:14

A rose friend gave me one this fall but I haven't seen it bloom yet so I can't say what it is like. I hope it winters well so I can see it bloom next spring.

The rose isn't new and Line Renaud is the approved exhibition name. I don't know who decided to change it or when. I hate when they do this because it just makes things confusing.

o

This is a rose I asked about previously. It has half a dozen names, at least. All of them better than this one.

I wonder what marketing genius said, "Let's forget about all those other names and come up with something really stupid that only cooking show diva fans can relate to. It'll bring in a whole new market!" Uh, don't think so.

It's so pretty in the few pictures I've seen. I hope it grows as well as its hype says it will. BTW it was sold through White Flower Farm last year as "Sweet Parfum de Provence". I remember looking it up on HMF.

o

I like SPdP the best. If they start naming roses for reality show actors.........help us all. I don't know why they keep calling it reality TV. Those are actors and they follow a script. I know a few people who work on those shows. It's 90% fake. Even Antiques roadshow hires people to bring in rented objects to have them appraised. The people from Antiques Roadshow came to my guy's work looking for interesting stuff to have featured on the show.

o

I hate the cutesy names. I refuse to buy a rose with a cutesy name.

o

Thank you, Mendocino Rose, Me too. I am glad to learn I am not alone in my distaste for cutesy naming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here