Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organicgardendreams

It is the time again - your rose orders for 2011?

Since a couple of weeks I am busy checking rose catalogs and rose nursery web sites. I am sure I am not the only one ;-). I think it would be nice to hear what roses anyone else is getting for next year.

Here are the ones that I succumbed to so far!

Chamblee's:

Charles Darwin (shrub)

William Shakespeare 2000 (shrub)

Heirloom:

Jude the Obscure (shrub)

Charles Darwin (shrub)

Crocus Rose (shrub)

Charles Rennie Mackintosh (shrub)

White Meidiland (shrub)

Stephen's Big Purple (HT)

Jilly Jewel (miniature)

Lavender Jewel (miniature)

Herbie (miniature)

Moonlight Sentsation (miniflora)

Overnight Sentsation (miniflora)

Christina

Comments (47)

• kentstar
    13 years ago

Just two so far, Livin Easy and the 9/11 rose. But I am considering getting Easy Does It too.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

Christina, did you mean to order Charles Darwin twice? I noticed that you've ordered it from Chamblee's and Heirloom according to your list.

I'm not ordering much this year since I ordered quite a few roses last year and I have very little room left. In March I'll be getting only four roses:

Cl. Lady Hillingdon (climbing tea)
    La France (the first hybrid tea rose)
    Zalud House Rasberry Shingle (mystery rose)
    Comice de Tarn-et-Garonne (Bourbon)

Ingrid

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

I was good this yr. Only ordered a few. Many are to replace ones that died the last season or so.

Regan's:
    SILVER STAR (replacement again... third & last try!)
    SIGNATURE (replacement)
    MIRANDY

Palatine:
    ANNIE DAVIDSON
    BONANZA (replacement)
    COPACABANA
    GARDEN FUN
    MARTINA MONDRADORI
    NICOLE FREELANDER
    PAULA SMART
    SAMBA FREELANDER

Hortico:
    CASTILIAN
    CRANFORD
    FALSTAFF (replacement)
    GOLD SPICE
    GOLDEN GIRLS
    HENRIETTA BARNETT
    KAREN BLIXEN (replacement)
    OTHELLO (replacement)

S&W Greenhouse:
    DICK CLARK
    GRANDE DAME
    KOKO LOCO
    SECRET'S OUT
    STORMY WEATHER CL

Edmunds:
    DARK NIGHT (aka EDDY MITCHELL)
    TANGERINE STREAMS
    TEQUILA SUPREME

Vintage Gardens:
    SILVER STAR (older version)
    ST EXUPERY (replacement)
    VINO DELICADO (replacement)

Already got from Wisconsin Roses:
    JOY
    BETTY CURRY
    SENIOR MOMENT (aka MAGNIFICIA)

Just gotta wait to see what Cliff will offer in the spring. He might have a bunch of florist roses... if they all rooted! Can't wait to find out! He's also custom rooting some other roses for me. Am also toying with ordering from Two Sisters and Rosemania. Hafta wait and see how things go after the holidays.

• Zyperiris
    13 years ago

What grower is Cliff?

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    13 years ago

cliff is Eurodesert.

Have not decided on anything yet. 'Purple Splash', maybe. I need to dig out a few duds first--and get my sprinkler system fixed. When I had the pond upgraded they hit the main wire and shorted out my entire irrigation system. Good thing we've gotten a little rain this fall.

• flaurabunda
    13 years ago

I think I have ordered all I'm going to for next year. I'm a little overwhelmed looking at the list---whew! The only one I intended to order but didn't was Speelwark. I know it's still available, but to get it now I'd have to order more roses with it. I don't want 3 more---only 1 more!

Mini's:
    Black Jade
    Cinnamon Girl
    Daddy Frank
    Denver's Dream
    Incognito
    Irresistible
    Jean Kennealley
    Rainbow's End

HT's, Floribundas, Grandifloras:
    About Face
    Bride's Dream
    Ebb Tide
    Folklore
    Garden Director Bartje Miller (Dark Night)
    Harlequin
    Jude the Obscure
    Kanegem
    Koko Loco
    Memorial Day
    Neptune
    New Zealand
    Over the Moon
    Paradise
    Paradise Found
    Perfect Moment
    Rock & Roll
    Scentsational
    St. Patrick
    Table Mountain
    Taboo (Barkarole)
    Veterans' Honor

---Laura

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    13 years ago

So far,

Sugar Moon
    Louise Estes
    Summer Love
    Erin Elizabeth
    Stainless Steel
    Randy Scott
    Pat's Choice
    Arcanum
    Ghost Zapper
    Tabasco Cat

• kstrong
    13 years ago

Ok, here goes:

Eurodesert: (already received in September)
    Anne-Aymone Giscard D'Estaing
    Freddie Mercury
    Pink Diadem
    Trump Card

Rogue Valley Roses: (already received in October)
    Aunt Margy's Rose
    Baby Austin
    Blessed Child
    Pierre Gagnaire

Chamblees: (already received in early November)
    Incredible
    Playgirl

Hortico: (already received in early November)
    Goldelse
    Henrietta Barnett
    Super Trouper
    Triple Hit

CCRS Rose Auction: (already received in November)
    Ain't She Sweet
    Beauty Within
    Bukavu
    Honorine de Brabant
    Merveille des Rouges
    New Orleans
    Robert Clements
    Schubert
    Summer Fashion
    Vif Eclat

Wisconsin Roses: (already received in November)
    Bill Heath
    Fifi
    Kathleen O'Rourke
    Magnifica
    Rosemere Cancer Research Rose

Pickering: (already received last week)
    Caramel Antike
    Little Wings
    Pomponella
    Sophia Rennaisance
    St. Cecelia
    Tatton
    White Gold

Palatine: (coming this Wednesday)
    Baqi Billah Maulana Shaykh Nazim
    Janet Carnochant
    Lady Rose
    Osiria
    Summer Song

Armstrong: (coming in January)
    Garden Director Bartje Miller
    Firefighter

S&W Greenhouse: (coming in February)
    Koko Loco
    Sugar Moon

Rosemania: (coming in March)
    Eternal Flame
    Ghostzapper
    Mary Pickersgill

In other words, too darn many!

Kathy

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Laura, what HARLEQUIN are you getting? I have to assume it's the climber, right? Not the 1998 Kordes HT? I've been trying to find a replacement for my HT version for many yrs. No one has it anywhere!

• flaurabunda
    13 years ago

Beth,
    Yes, it's the climber. I needed a centerpiece for a new rose bed I dug this year. I'm going to stake it up in the middle of the new bed and put the other roses around it.

I think I mispelled it. It should actually be "Harlekin", also known as Kiss of Desire. I don't recall seeing the other, non-climbing "Harlequin" anywhere while perusing the nursery websites. Interesting that they are both Kordes creations.

• azurerose
    13 years ago

So far, I've shown considerable restraint by only ordering

DARK NIGHT (aka GARDEN DIRECTOR BARTJE MILLER aka EDDY MITCHELL)
    FAIREST ONE (aka Disney's Snow White Rose) and
    SWEETNESS (Jackson & Perkins lavender)

I blogged about these choices in the link below.

Christina, I have Jilly Jewel. Beautiful blooms. Big plant! Like floribunda sized.

HoovB, I want Purple Splash too. I wonder if it is as good as Fourth of July. BTW, I can't seem to post comments to your blog. I don't know if it's my computer or what. I keep typing them out, but then they won't submit. :(

Beth, I wanted to get Secret's Out and Dick Clark. You'll have to report back in the spring!

Laura, I loved my Table Mountain, but it was virused and got lots of rust. You probably don't have rust where you are; I hope yours isn't virused.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rare Roses.com

• organicgardendreams
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ingrid, yes I ordered Charles Darwin twice from both sources. Seems like I can't get enough of him, right ;-)? Zalud House Shingled Raspberry and Comice de Tarn-et-Garonne look like two very beautiful and interesting rare old roses to me. I had never heard of these two before. I am glad that you are getting these rarities and make sure that they don't extinct. Bravo!!!

Laura, Beth and Kathy with more guys like you the rose industry certainly would not financially suffer anymore. Keep going! I am just wondering how do you take care of all of these new rose babies. Maybe you have some good tips for me?

azurerose, thanks for letting me know about your experience with Jilly Jewel. Beautiful blooms sounds nice! How is the fragrance for you? Heirloom Roses lists it as a miniature rose getting 2 - 2 1/2 feet high. Is yours exceeding this height?
    By the way I am growing Sweetness since last year. I am really impressed with this rose and love its lavender color. The fragrance is truly intoxicating. And the best thing is it is totally clean for me aka no mildew, no rust. Won't be without this rose. I posted photos quite a while ago of my Sweetness on the rose gallery, if you want to have a look:
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/rosesgal/msg0400120618222.html

Christina

• flaurabunda
    13 years ago

Christina,
    I'm just starting to expand. I started with 3 roses two years ago, bumped up to about 15 roses this year, and now I'm expanding again. I don't think this will be too many for me; I'm oustide every day when I come home from work. It's my time to meditate & "defrag" before starting on indoor chores. I guess I just don't see my time in the garden as work, hehe. I keep most of the roses in dedicated areas where it's easy to prune, irrigate, etc so that I'm not making things tougher than they need to be. Other than that, I just keep myself updated on the wonderful tips and advice I pick up here at GW. It has helped tremendously!!
    ---Laura

• montana_rose
    13 years ago

Maiden's Blush
    2 Harrison's Yellow
    Emily Carr
    Julia Child
    2 Morden Fireglow
    2 New Dawn
    Penny Lane
    2 Jude the Obscure
    Grootendorst Supreme
    Hope for Humanity
    Sunsprite
    Disneyland
    Sweetness
    Radiant Perfume
    2 Easy Does It

I think I made an additional order with Pickering, but didn't check my email. Oops. I love surprises!

• User
    13 years ago

Yep, I have often forgotten what I have ordered but, as far as I recall:
    Nastarana,
    Double White
    Falklands
    Cantabridgiensis
    Rosa Californica
    Hulthemias - Eyes for You, Alissar, Princess of Phoenicia and Nigel Hawthorne
    Cardinal Hume
    Leontine Gervaise
    Liliana
    Sweet Pretty
    Sweet Haze
    Buff Beauty
    Nahema
    Perpetually Yours
    Summer Song
    St Alban
    Duc de Guiche
    Prosperity
    couple of others I can't remember

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Campanula, you're so lucky to be able to get EYES FOR YOU. I would LOOOOVE to have that rose!! Unfortunately it's not available over here yet. We can only hope Pickering or somebody might import it. You must post pics next season! (I'm soooo jealous...)

• Terry Crawford
    13 years ago

I said I absolutely wasn't going to order any more roses since 300 was my limit, but when the new websites were updated this fall, I caved. Only a couple, I said. So, I ended up ordering:

* Dark Night Hybrid Tea from Edmunds
    * Blue For You from Wisconsin Roses
    * Colorific & Koko Loco from Rosemania
    * Dusty Rose, Kiss of Desire, & Lipstick from Eurodesert

I ended up sending 'Summer Song' to a friend and SP'd 'Graham Thomas' due to RRD, so I have space for additional roses. 'Dainty Bess & a spare 'Lillian Austin' will end up at Laura's garden next spring, so I kinda feel justified about the new additions :)
    -terry

• karenforroses
    13 years ago

I've drawn the line at 180 roses, and will only do replacements now (grow or go!). Here's my 2011 orders:

PALATINE::
    Thanksgiving Rose
    Aloha Hawaii
    Day Breaker
    Little Red Riding Hood Fairy Tale

DAVID AUSTIN:
    (2) Golden Celebrations (can't get enough of this rose!)
    Lady of Shallott
    The Wedgewood Rose
    Princess Alexandria of Kent

• sanrosa
    13 years ago

Oh! Everybody's lists look wonderful and thoughtful. I would love to see all your gardens! I am still building my "foundation". I have ordered some sturdy fellows and some that I just wanted to try:
    Aloha (the old climber)
    Peggy Martin
    Seminole Wind
    Belinda's Dream
    Aunt Honey
    Heritage
    Ambridge Rose
    Ebb Tide
    All those from Chamblees.
    From Heirloom:
    Some minis/minifloras:
    Overnight Scentsation
    Flawless
    Moonlight Scentsation
    See my blog for details, if you'd like. (link below)
    I want to add some others to my list of 'roses ordered', over the winter, but we'll have to see how it goes.
    I hope you will all post photos of your new beauties in the Rose Gallery Forum and in your Blogs, as next years growing season gets going. (post your Links, if you can! I have really enjoyed your Blog, BTW, Azure).
    Through the long cold winter, I will look forward to seeing all your wonderful photos next summer. (Will it EVER come?)
    Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses, Color. and Light

• Terry Crawford
    13 years ago

Karen, I added 'Aloha Hawaii' last year. I really liked the colorful blooms but they were sparse. It grew to 10' or so in its first year, but I'm interested to see how much cane will be left in the Spring due to winterkill ...probably not much. I'm hoping the amount of blooms will increase as it matures.
    -terry

• User
    13 years ago

oho Beth, don't I know it. I fell on Eyes for You with glee and delight. I have been boring on about hulthemias for ages and this is such a gorgeous colour. Between them, Chris Warner and Peter James have come up with some fantastic roses.
    Of course, issues such as health, size, vigour etc. have all been ignored as I MUST have this rose, regardless. I would even spray! I am certain it is destined for great things and will be available for you very soon.

• karenforroses
    13 years ago

Terry, keep us posted on your Aloha Hawaii - how it winters, whether the blooms increase, etc. I've had climbers that took up to three years to really reach their full bloom potential, some that take off blooming right away (i.e. Roseanna, Rosarium Eutersen (sp?), and some that never reach their true potential because of winter cane damage. Perhaps Aloha Hawaii will do us proud.

• holleygarden Zone 8, East Texas
    13 years ago

Well, I live close to Chamblee's, and DH surprised me by taking me last Saturday, just to pick up some roses to fill in where others had died this past summer.

This is what I got:
    Crepuscule
    Mme. Berkeley
    Francis Dubreuil (Oh, the fragrance! I fell in love!)
    Rock & Roll (just had to have a stripe!)
    Bright Lights (mini - to go in my front concrete pot)
    Red Cascade - (climbing mini to go in the concrete pot in the back garden)

That's all so far. I'll make another trip this spring, after I've prepared a new bed for more! :)

• Terry Crawford
    13 years ago

Holley, was your 'Bright Lights' mini in bloom? I've thought about adding this one for quite a while. It looks quite pretty and I really like the bi-colors.

• holleygarden Zone 8, East Texas
    13 years ago

terryjean - Yes, it had a couple of blooms on it. Pink and yellow. The pot I'm going to put it in will be next to some Julia Child roses. I think it will look festive.

• dan_keil_cr Keil
    13 years ago

Rosemania
    Minis
    Dancing Flame
    Eternal Flame
    Magic Show
    Renegade

Mini floras
    Daddy Frank
    First and foremost
    GhostZapper
    Mary Pickersgill
    Powerhouse
    Lady E'owyn

Wisconsin Roses
    Artic Circle
    Cajun Moon
    Cajun signature
    European Touch
    Mohana

This is it for now!

• mike_in_new_orleans
    13 years ago

A very short list. I'm just about maxed out on space for roses, unless I want to usurp the driveway for a pot garden; it IS tempting.

Anyway, already bought these this fall, but since they are very little, they'll be like new plants in the spring. Haven't seen blooms from any of them yet.

From Chamblee's: Olympiad. Grew this red rose 10 to 15 years ago but left it behind when I moved from Alabama. A very reliable red rose, even though it is (gasp) without scent.

From Wisconsin Roses: Vino Rosso (aka Vino Rossi) and Over The Moon. Bought as maidens; VR is now just a little sprout with 6 or 8 leaves; OtM is just a little bud swelling on the rootstock stem. Will be something to watch. I read a warning that VR takes several years to really get established. I'll try to be patient.

From Heirloom: Tahitian Sunset, and Elina. Both are concentrating on esablishing a good root system; haven't even hinted at putting out flower buds; but if past experience with Heirloom Roses is any indication,they'll burst forth this spring with some serious growth.

Just ordered King's Ransom from S&W. I'm hoping it will be a bigger bloom but similar to Helmut Schmidt, which I already have and really like but which doesn't have enough petals in the heat of summer and hardly any fragrance ever to my nose.

Even though I have no room left, I've considered a few more:
    Love and Peace
    Royal William
    Barkarole (If I can stand the shipping costs from Canada)
    Soutine
    Dolly Parton
    Sante Fe
    Osiana
    White Licorice
    Colorific
    Buxom Beauty

• zaphod42
    13 years ago

This will be my second year for ordering roses and hopefully I'll have pictures to post this summer.

So far I've ordered -

JUNGS
    Morden Fireglow
    Milwaukee's Calatrava

PICKERING
    Francois Juranville
    Constance Spry
    Mme Hardy
    Souvenir de la Malmaison

I haven't ordered yet from David Austin. I'm holding out until the end of the month when I'll have a birthday. I've been dropping some pretty heavy hints to friends and family as to what would be a good gift. :) I'm leaning towards Wildeve and Munstead Woods and maybe Jude the Obscure (not really in my color palette, but people in colder zones seem to give him rave reviews.) I'm also giving Deuil de Dr Reynard from Vintage strong consideration, but I haven't found out much RE: hardiness and disease resistance.

• thahalibut
    13 years ago

I bought these this week local.

Burgundy Iceberg
    Cherry Parfait
    Chicago Peace
    Double Delight - 2
    Elle
    Falling In Love
    Fragrant Cloud
    Hot Cocoa - 2
    Julia Child - 2
    Livin Easy
    Moonstone
    Memorial Day
    Sentimental

On the want list

Disneyland
    The Dark Lady
    WS 2000
    & maybe a few more.

• organicgardendreams
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Couldn't help it and ordered some more:

Rogue Valley Roses:
    Baronne Edmund de Rothschild
    Sweet Chariot

I got Mme. Caroline Testout from them for free and another mystery rose (mislabeled rose) that they also put into the package.

As a Christmas present I received from a good rose friend:
    Lavender Crystal
    Wedding Cake

I am so happy that I got Wedding Cake since I wanted this rose badly for a long time, but was not able to acquire it anywhere.

I enjoy a lot reading what roses everyone else is getting and looked up many of roses on HMF that I was not familiar with, which is quite fun for me.

Christina

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    13 years ago

Oh, how I envy posters with long lists of ordered roses. I've run out of space and only get to order when something dies or gets spaded--which did happen this year, so I'm getting these:

Frau Dagmar Hartopp--replacing my RRD hybrid musk. I'm really looking forward to this one--love rugosas.

Mothersday--replacing one that died. I've always wanted a polyantha.

Woodstock--a yellow/red edged mini. Not that I particularly wanted another mini, but I needed 3 plants in the order, and one can always squeeze in another mini--right? Anyone know this one? Particularly its disease-resistance?

Kate

• karl_bapst_rosenut
    13 years ago

I ordered a couple I lost over the years

CalPoly
    Roller Coaster
    Plus these new ones
    Sally Holmes
    Milwaukees Calatrava
    Peppermint Pop Rose
    OSO EASY CHERRY PIE
    OSO EASY FRAGRANT SPREADER
    OSO EASY PAPRIKA
    OSO EASY PEACHY CREAM
    OSO EASY STRAWBERRY CRUSH
    OSO EASY HONEY BUN

• susan4952
    13 years ago

Although I have NO IDEA where they will go

Jeanne La Joie
    Apricot Drift
    Osiria
    Nicole
    Flaming Peace
    Maverik
    Charles DeGaulle
    Baronne de Rothschild
    Seafoam
    Sugar Moon
    Dick Clark
    Koko Loco
    Easy Does It
    Susan something from Austin
    Alexandra of Kent
    Marie Van Houte
    Mrs. Dudley Cross
    Country Doctor
    Nimbu
    Pinkaboo
    Lavender Pinocchio
    Vesuve
    Penelope
    LAdy of the Mist
    Climbers:
    Abe Darby
    don Juan
    SDLM
    Joseph's Coat
    Rose MArie
    Penny LAne
    Angel Face
    Trees:
    Double D
    Sweetness
    Easter BAsket
    Memorial Day
    Pope JOhn Paul II
    Elegant Lady
    Oh Dear, where will I plant these? Never realized how long the list was until just now!

• susan4952
    13 years ago

oops...nimbus not nimbu

• dirtgirl7b
    13 years ago

From Palatine:

Penguin Freelander
    Mandy Freelander
    Elizabeth Taylor (replacement)
    Red Queen Freelander
    Lions Fairy Tale
    Elegant Fairy Tale
    Eliza (cl)
    Jasmina (cl)
    Roxy
    Toscana Vigorosa
    Sweet Vigorosa
    Countess Sonja Freelander
    Ice girl (2 more, already have one)
    Red Corsair (cl)
    Westerland (cl)

Reagan's
    Sweet Drift
    Coral Drift
    and another drift I can't remember.

I want Peggy Martin and will probably get it when I go to Petals From the Past this spring. The Drift roses and the vigarosas will go in patio pots. My Drifts roses are almost always in bloom, I like them better than my knockouts. The climbing roses all go with color schemes I've already started. The light pinks will go in my "Bride's Garden" and the reds will go in the red garden. Others will have to fight for a place.

I didn't mean to get so many, but I tell myself that the pot roses really don't count. I may still get some from K & M roses, they have some red florist roses that are to die for.

• susan4952
    13 years ago

I don't count my pot roese either...and I get LOTs of drifts I can't remember...lol

• elemire
    13 years ago

Most of these already arrived in between the cold spells:

Climbers:
    Pink Cloud
    Maid of Kent
    Tolstoi
    Annchen von Tharau
    Penny Lane (got by mistake, have no idea what to do with it)
    Aloha Kordes
    Leander
    Alchemist

Non-climbers:
    Nur Mahal
    Old Blush
    Hugonis
    Chloris
    Cardinal de Richelieu
    Chapeau de Napoleon
    Cuisse Nymphe Emue
    Felicite Parmentier
    Line Renaud
    Pomponella
    Lady of Shalott
    Feeling
    Whiter Shade of Pale
    Blue for you
    Distant Drums
    Magnolia
    Comtesse de Barbantane
    Smooth moonlight
    Dresden Doll (I hope this one won't turn up to be ugly, as I do not particularly like the pics of open blooms, but small and mossy sounded nice and I needed to pick a replacement)

Still maybe for the spring:
    Superstar
    Gloria Dei
    Nostalgie
    Warm Wishes
    Auckland Metro
    Frederic Mistral

I wanted Summer Song, but apparently it was not available anymore after the nursery checked it. Bummer, maybe next autumn. :( Same for Ebb Tide and Savoy Hotel. :(

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Hey Elemire, nice list. So SUMMER SONG is a sell-out over on your side of the pond too, huh? I'm so glad I got mine. It's a great rose. May well be one of my favorite DAs. I was thinking of ordering LADY OF SHALOTT. She looks interesting. You have to get NOSTALGIE tho! That is one of my favorite red-white combos. It glows! I've been wanting WHITER SHADE OF PALE for sometime, but didn't think we could get it here in the US. Talked to Cliff, and he isn't propagating it right now, but is willing to sell me one of his mother plants. I just dunno if I want it that badly. He was't real impressed with it. It probably would do better in cooler climates.

• john_ca
    13 years ago

I was also looking for SUMMER SONG last year. I was surprised that it was not in the Austin catalogue given its release date in the UK and was only available in North America through Pickering and Palantine. Pickering and Palantine had both sold out early. I tried to ordred this rose from Pickering on the first day they were taking orders and was told that they could not sell it to those in the US.

I called the Austin headquarters in Tyler, TX and was told that this rose does NOT perform well in the US and that they had made the business decision NOT to introduce it here. I found this very odd and disppointing. I am aware that a few decades ago, they almost discarded some of the earlier Austin varieties (Tamora comes to mind) because they did not perform well in the UK and perhaps other European trial locations. Fortunately, they were planted at the Huntington Library gardens in southern CA, where they performed very well and these varieties are now available to us to grow. I was able to obtain a SUMMER SONG plant from someone in the midwest who had ordered it from one of the Canadian suppliers. It is now planted in my garden and it is already starting to show signs of growth. I am glad to hear that it is doing well for you, Beth. I am very much looking forward to seeing how it does well in central CA.

• elemire
    13 years ago

Yes, seems so that Summer Song is rather popular, but it really is rather unique brighter color among the austins. The bed of it that I saw looked rather good, so hopes for the best, when I finally manage to get it.
    About Whiter Shade of Pale... well it kind of depends, the blooms are medium size and a bit messy, but I want it for the mixed border, where it should work rather well imho. As stand alone bush it probably would lack the wow factor, but color is nice.
    Nostalgie is very popular here and that sort of roses often entertain the visitors very well. :D

• peachiekean
    13 years ago

Got these today from Rogue Valley Roses:
    Lyda Rose
    Autumn Sunset
    Excellenz von Shubert
    Apricot Nectar
    Cornelia
    and, a Mystery Rose. That makes it quite a good deal. Wonder what that mystery rose could be?

• gardenerzone4
    13 years ago

Since I've posted on this forum many times and received much help in arriving at my order for 2011, I wanted to let you know what I ended up ordering.

TOTAL: 51 roses from Roses Unlimited

RED (4)
    Rouge Royale
    Crimson Glory
    Chrysler Imperial
    Oklahoma

APRICOT PINK BLENDS (8)
    Floral Fairy Tale
    Sunset Celebration
    Heaven on Earth
    Royal Wedding
    Antico Amore
    Tamora
    Just Joey
    Prairie Sunrise

BICOLOR (11)
    Granada
    Sheila�s Perfume
    Dream Come True
    Color Magic
    Paradise
    Brigadoon
    Gemini
    Secret
    Chicago Peace
    Distant Drums
    Distant Thunder
    ROSE PINK (8)
    Peter Mayle
    Yves Piaget
    Fragrant Memory
    The McCartney Rose
    Buxom Beauty
    Perfume Delight
    Pink Peace
    Bewitched

LIGHT PINK (12)
    Mystic Beauty
    The Alnwick Rose
    Frederic Mistral
    Amazing Grace
    Sweet Surrender
    Tiffany
    Memorial Day
    Elle
    Moonstone
    New Zealand
    Quietness
    Roberto Capucci

BIG AUSTINS (3)
    Abraham Darby
    Brother Cadfael
    Jude the Obscure

CLIMBERS(3)
    A Shropshire Lad
    Heritage
    Eden

YELLOWS (2)
    Julia Child
    Elina

• onederw
    13 years ago

About 75 percent done with a massive renovation of the rose garden. Realized that I didn�t want to get down in the dirt to look at my "nodding" roses, no matter how lovely the blossoms were. (Some call it "nodding;" I call it droopy." We are fortunate here in Pasadena, to have a plant bank at a local community center, so I didn�t have to SP anyone. I just potted them up when they went dormant so they could be adopted out, as it were.

Bought locally and already planted (sorry everyone, but it was 78 degrees and crystal clear today):
    Scentimental
    Liv Tyler
    Ingrid Bergman
    Golden Celebration
    PJP 2
    Firefighter
    Double Delight
    Dick Clark
    Papa Meilland
    Tamora

On order from David Austin:
    Princess Alexandra of Kent
    Ambridge Rose
    Susan Williams Ellis

About to order (thanks to you online enablers)
    Sugar Moon
    My question: Both Rosemania and Edmunds carry it. Any thoughts on which is the better source?

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    13 years ago

I thought I'd look for a couple and ended up buying 8.
    From Pickering:
    Bonica
    Elina
    Gertrude Jekyll
    Margaret Merril

From High Country Roses:
    4th of July
    Graham Stuart Thomas
    Sunsprite
    White Iceberg Cl.

8 is a couple, right?:)

• wanttogarden
    13 years ago

I have bought these from Regan in Sept. during their fall sale (5 Gallon pots):

M. Cecile Brunner (replaced Double Pink Knock out)
    Eureka (replaced Crown Princess Margarita)
    Pumpkin Patch (To replace First Prize)

This spring from various local nurseries, potted in pulp pots:
    Cinco de Mayo ( replaced Showbiz)
    Yves Piage ( To replace Kaleidoscope)
    Easy does it( To replace Abe Darbie)

I also got a band of a pink once blooming Damask from a friend.

I also have Barrone de Rothchild from last season to replace Eglentine.

• kittymoonbeam
    13 years ago

Elina and Lions fairy tale from Northland rosarium. Also another Reine Victoria since my old one from Roses of Yesterday and Today has gone into decline. I like her plants so much. They are larger than band sized roses but not as big as one gallon roses so they don't cost as much to ship. She sends them priority mail so they don't spend long in the box.

Love Potion from Heirloom

Snow Goose from David Austin and also a Scepter'd Isle

Sugar Moon from Rosemania. This one I had to have because it is white and fragrant and also I love the name. (anyway I never saw a dud rose coming from Weeks so I feel very hopeful about this one)

• logan33
    13 years ago

Removal of a large Silver Maple due to disease has given my garden more sun so this is the first year in awhile that I am able to add more than a couple.
    Pickering:
    Rosarium Uetersen
    Brothers Grimm Fairy Tale
    Julia Child
    Sunsprite
    Tatton
    Vavoom

S&W:
    Bill Warriner
    Bella'roma
    Hot Cocoa
    Koko Loco