Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

seil zone 6b MI
9 years ago

Slowly we're catching up to Old Man Winter who surprised us all with a very early visit again this year. The temps went up into the 40s today and we got one hose blown out and reeled up. The other one was still too frozen. It's supposed to be even warmer tomorrow and Monday so I think we can get that one done too.

We got the small greenhouse up in its new location on the SE corner of the house this year. We're hoping that will work better because it's still on the south end of the house wall so it will get good sunlight but around the east corner so it should be blocked from the worst of the prevailing winds. We're hopeful. I couldn't get all of the seedlings and cuttings inside any way so the 27 gallon pots left will go down in between the 40 big rose pots under winter wraps. We prepped the bed and will start tomorrow on that project. We have 29 lawn bags full of mulched leaves to go in there. That's 10 more than we had last year. I'm hoping we'll have a few left over so I can put some on the other two beds as well. Don't know if it will help but it can't hurt. I'm not sure we'll have enough time to get the rabbit fencing around the beds. The temps are going to fall again next week and more snow is predicted. The ground is already frozen a good 2 inches deep so pounding the posts in to put the chicken wire up may not be feasible. But my priority is the pots first. So if the fencing doesn't go up, so be it. The rabbits will just get to have their way with the roses I guess.

I have to wait to put up the patio furniture until we get the leaves done because it's all buried under the leaf bags under the awning so they'll stay dry. I did clean up some more of the dead stuff in the beds like mums, petunias and marigolds. And all the bird feeding gear is up and running. As soon as we got them filled and up the birds started to squawk at us to go away so they could eat, lol!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator