Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

The last bouquet of 2014

seil zone 6b MI
9 years ago

We're in the grip of Astro and the polar vortex. Yeah, it's cold. It's usually cold here in November. We got a few flurries today and it looks like more to come. I picked the last of the roses yesterday.

Comments (16)

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Seil, those look great!

• bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    9 years ago

Beautiful flowers.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Seil, they are so pretty!

• dizzylizzy 7b
    9 years ago

Lovely! I have one absolutely beautiful Pope John Paul II blooming, and that's it for this season as it is going down to below freezing tonight!

• bellarosa
    9 years ago

Beautiful! What are the names?

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

Seil thanks for one last look of your beautiful roses! Until next year, anyways.:).

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

Really beautiful!

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Top left white one is Moonstone. Clockwise from there is Tiffany, Love Song and Cinnamon Dolce. The red one is an unknown, then Bees Knees, Dainty Bess with the petal dropped off and the small white one is Luis Desamero. The center one is a very pale Dick Clark with an Iced Raspberry hiding under it.

• User
    9 years ago

Keep warm. Iced raspberry is just in time for the Artic blast we are getting.

This post was edited by sam4949 on Sat, Nov 15, 14 at 1:51

• MiGreenThumb (Z5b S.Michigan/Sunset 41) Elevation: 1091 feet
    9 years ago

Lovely last gifts, Seil.

My last buds got zapped in our first hard frost. My last blooms I cut about two weeks ago.

Steven

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Steven! I think you're further mid state and I'm right on the shore of Lake St. Clair. The lake really affects my weather. When it starts to get cold in the fall all that warm water keeps our temps much higher than it would be for you inland so my season gets extended a little bit. On the other hand in the spring when you are getting nice warm temps all that ICE on the lake keeps my temps much cooler so I get a little bit later start to my season. It all evens out in the end.

• lesmc
    9 years ago

So prettyâ¦my roses are gone. I will miss them terribly. You are growing some of my favorites. I have enjoyed Love song and am considering another! Where to put it is another story. Your roses are lovely. Lesley

• ratdogheads z5b NH
    9 years ago

Lovely bouquet Seil! I always enjoy seeing your collection. You often inspire me to try something that I might have otherwise dismissed as too tender for my climate. It seems to me your temps are often similar to mine, I really suspect I'm in more of a 6 than 5. Anyhow, you've also inspired me to show my "just before the snow" collection (although in typical New England weather tradition the predicted snow never happened). We've had a couple light frosts but many of my bushes keep right on blooming, especially the minis.

L-R: Sunshine Daydream, Dream Come True, Fireworks, Sachet, Marie Pavie, Easy Does It, Distant Drums & Iceberg, Champagne Wishes & Distant Drums, Bees Knees & Rainbow's End, Busy Bee, Rainbow Sorbet.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Les! I recommend Love Song to a lot of people because it's such a nice rose.

Ratdog, you have a lovely collection of fall roses!

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Ratdogheads, love your varieties of roses and the display. Thanks also for the names.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

seil, seeing your lovely bouquet is bittersweet because I know this is the end of the rose season for you, and I'd like it to last longer. Still, they gave you a splendid send-off.

ratdogheads, that's a gorgeous display and I love how you've staged the roses in term of color grouping and choice of vases. The only one I have is Marie Pavie which looks so sweet in its little vase. Mine is white and I love the pink color of yours.

Ingrid