Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is it possible that pesticide spraying damaged foliage?

Posted by view1ny 6b/7a (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 17, 13 at 19:53

A while ago I posted this pic of Brother Cadfael's weird-looking leaves. Several people offered the possibility of rose rosette disease. I cut down the affected canes & sprayed with hydrogen peroxide & am hoping for the best.

In the last month I've found 2 dead birds in my back yard & was wondering what killed them. Their bodies were intact. I remembered about the spraying for west nile virus in my county on Sep 3 & am wondering if anvil 10 could have damaged the rose leaves. What killed the birds almost 2 months later is anybody's guess. Anybody have any info on anvil 10 / sumithrin?

Here is a link that might be useful: spraying for west nile virus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is it possible that pesticide spraying damaged foliage?

I took these the other day, some older Round-Up damage on the roses.

o
RE: more

More from my bosses driveway

o

the thing is that roundup is made up of different chemicals than the spray used in my neighborhood. I'm not sure if both would have the same effect on foliage.

I would really prefer that my Brother Cadfael was affected by a temporary event and there was hope for survival.

Here is a link that might be useful: roundup ingredients

o

Brother Cadfael's growth looks like rosette disease. If there is any recurrence, you should remove the plant immediately and bag it.

I never heard of insecticide causing growth like that, and I think you can dismiss that possibility.

Sumithrin is rated as having low toxicity to birds and mammals. It is highly toxic to aquatic life.

Here is a link that might be useful: sumithrin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here