One of my favorite pic

• edenh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Favorite color combo!

• edenh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Best performer in my yard...better than clothilde soupert. Flowers last longer, dont turn brown in wet weather, quite disease resistant

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Thanks for the pics. They look like it should be spring, not late November. Your favorite combo picture is very striking. Keep the pictures coming.

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Gorgeous blooms. Do you have the names? Thanks.

• lesmc
    9 years ago

Names, please! Your roses are lovely. Lesley

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

Very lovely, and yes, please, names. I have a feeling your garden as a whole must be very nice. If you have any garden shots we'd love to see them.

Ingrid

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

Very lovely, and yes, please, names. I have a feeling your garden as a whole must be very nice. If you have any garden shots we'd love to see them.

Ingrid

• edenh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi
    Here are the names:
    Clothilde Soupert
    Heritage
    Crown Princess Margareta
    Abraham Darby
    Sharifa Asma
    The fawn

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Oh my gosh!! These are gorgeous. Love each and everyone. More please.

• edenh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think this might be tamora..

• edenh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A quick once-around-the-yard before going to work and voila!...Heritage in its best moment

• thonotorose
    9 years ago

So lovely! Where are you? I am really wanting to know....Lol.

The Fawn is just terrific and since it is better than CS for you, it has risen to the top of my list.

Veronica in Thonotosassa, FL (near Tampa)

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Thanks for the names. i had 2 of them right. That last pic of 'Heritage' is a nice one.

The white Angelonia (?) looks wonderful with Clothilde.

• msdorkgirl
    9 years ago

Beautiful ... I am crossing my fingers that some of the garden rose cuttings I have take root in three weeks and I can attempt to grow non-HT's ...

Any advice on warm weather rose growing? It rains frequently in spurts here, too. I think I use too much fertilizer, I spray in reaction to and not in prevention of thrips and blackspot (but hopefully I will be better next year) ...

• edenh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi
    @Ingrid-my yarden is a huge mess right now. My soil is sandy, so I am trying to amend the soil by digging holes and dumping kitchen scrap/grass clipping. On top of that, I have a huge mound of soil from the holes that I dont know what to do with.The good news is that I found a place where I can get horse manure..Yay! Will post picture when the yarden(yard/garden) is more "presentable"

@thonotorose-I am right behind Disney World, so close that we can see the fireworks and hear the booming noise .
    @msdorkgirl-I too use too much fertilizer! It is hard to gauge how much to give and how often when it keeps raining on and off. Right now I am experimenting with alfalfa, cracked corn, molasses etc..I spray only when I cannot stand to look at the BS anymore. Right now I am trying out Kirk"s castille soap for BS.
    Here is another pic..i.I love having what I call "a living bouquet": combination of roses and short growing,everflowering perennial because roses in my yarden dont bloom like those in cooler area, plus the blooms dont last long. The perennials keeps the yarden colorful when the roses are resting.

• msdorkgirl
    9 years ago

I haven't settled on where I'll be living so everything is in pots--- I'm not sure how long we'll be in this location either, so I can only dream that someday I can put together a living bouquet too.

How are your David Austins/English roses doing in Florida? What do you find is most helpful? I imagine Florida has similar weather to Hawaii, but the one English rose we have in the Urban Garden Center produces two inch Crocus Roses only so that made me think that they're not good in 300 day bright sun :(