Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A bare root rose from Palatine

Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 21:09

Here's what Palatine sent. This is the smaller of two 'Ascot', grafted on Rosa multiflora rootstock.

The tiles are 12" (30 cm), to give you an idea of the size.

photo monh1899_zpsd6542e91.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A bare root rose from Palatine

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 21:53

Yep, that's pretty typical. Great plants!!

o

Great company, great service, great product! Love them.
Look at those roots!

o

Prepare for two very large roses, hoovb. If you have anything like my experience, your Ascots will grow moderately the first year and explode the second, almost shockingly so. Still, it's kinda fun to watch them. Diane

o

Happy Birthday Boris and Natasha!

Thanks Diane for the help about the size of the bush. I am going to try to get mine to own root in a 15 gallon can. Fun to get a bareroot after buying bands recently. I loved the old days when the nursery got the Weeks rose shipment in and we sorted them and put them in long rows in the shadehouse.

o

Hoovb--I just got my Ascot from Palatine too! Along with 8 other roses. They all look to be great plants with parsnip like roots.

Diane--Thanks on the size of Ascot. Helpmefind has it as being 0.0065' to 1" high! I figured it would be a small rose (but not that small!) maybe 2 to 3 feet high. I will be sure to give it plenty of room now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here