Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Polyantha

Posted by Kippy-the-Hippy 10 Sunset 24 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 22:10

I thought I would start a new topic for people to add too

This is Britannia, a from a rooted cutting from DanTy, from earlier this year. Boy is it happy! I missed a couple of weeks of pinching buds and discovered it was busy. I left them for moms party

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Polyantha

Oh goody--the polyanthas. They are such cuties!

Here are two fairies for the price of one:
'The Fairy' next to fairy statue--5/12 photo twofairies5.jpg

Mothersday
Mother's Day mini rose (polyantha) 2012 photo mothersday4-26-12.jpg

I also have a Ceceile Brunner, but, alas, no picture. Must remedy that this coming summer.

Kate

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 10:52

I have 3 polys but I think my favorite is Zenaitta. It's vigorous and healthy and blooms it's head off!

o

Here's Cl Cecile Brunner - looks great framing our window from the inside too...

Jackie

o

I have Perle d’Or, Marie Pavie, Clotilde Soupert and a new Cl Cecile Brunner. I love them all, but Perle d’Or is my favorite. Looking at all of your gorgeous pictures, I think I NEED a darker colored poly now…lol

Here’s a spray of Perle d’Or with Marchesa Boccella, Rose de Rescht and the bourbon Maggie. PdO makes a great cut flower…

o

I discovered earlier this year (after all these years) that 'Lady Ann Kidwell' ALSO makes a great cut flower. Here she is with "Benny Lopez."

Jeri

o

And I don't want to slight 'Lady Reading.' Always in bloom. She survived the repaving of our Lane, early this spring -- inches from her roots -- and never showed a sign of stress.

Jeri

o

Alright Jeri, I went to HMF and looked up Benny Lopez based on your beautiful picture… and here’s the description they provide:

Deep pink with a purple tone, (Sometimes described as "Cerise"). Color lightens almost to "shocking" pink in hot weather. Darkens to a deep, firey purple-tinged red in cool weather. Hundreds of petals, darker toward the center of the bloom.. Strong, damask, spice fragrance. Very full (41+ petals), borne mostly solitary, button-eye, old-fashioned, quartered, reflexed bloom form. Continuous (perpetual) bloom throughout the season. Long sepals, decorative buds.

NOW WHO COULD RESIST A ROSE WITH THAT DESCRIPTION!!! And so another rose goes on my long wish list…you people are killing me

o

Well, looks like Benny isn't available commercially...guess I can cross that one off the list

o

Jacqueline, I adore your climbing Cecile Brunner. I had no idea it was such a prolific climber! Hope the one I have is the bush one--cuz I do not have space for a climber that is that ambitious! LOL

All the polys are good-looking, aren't they!

Kate

o

But the bush form of Mlle. Cecile Brunner is a continuous-bloomer, which makes up for a lot. And it can get fairly tall, if allowed to.

Another of that family that I really, really like is 'White Cecile Brunner.' It opens rich ivory here, and fades to white, with a delicate button eye. And it is as prolific a bloomer as the original pink.

Jeri

o

Thank you Jeri for the White Cecile Brunner mention. How tall does she get?

I love my Lady Ann Kidwell, the wine colored new growth that seems to zig and zag. That is also one happy rose in our garden.

o

Kippy, my plant is yet immature, but in every way she has been a match for the original pink. So I expect she would also match the size.

I should say, this is a rose I wanted for years, and I am very glad to have her.

Jeri

o

Happy Lady Ann Kidwell.

She is about 3 feet tall and has a couple dozen buds.

o

Doesn't she just have the loveliest foliage imaginable?

Jeri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here