Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolbelt68

Looked out the window and what did I see?

toolbelt68
9 years ago

Two tiny rose buds just waiting for me.

Well they were frozen but what the heck I thought for sure they were from St. Nick!!

Happy New Year Everyone

Toolbelt�.

Comments (12)

• Marlorena
    9 years ago

Happy New Year to you too.... I have a feeling it'll get to me just a while before it gets to you...so, sorry 'bout that...

take care and enjoy your roses ...
    best wishes,...

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Happy New Year! I saw a dusting of snow on everything this morning.

• roseseek
    9 years ago

Happy New Year! I'm sorry for the snow dusting. Fortunately, I can't even see any from here if it exists, which they said to expect at the higher local elevations. The wind does have that chill to it, though. I've been pruning most things nearly to the ground in expectation of doing some major moving around and discovered flower buds on my Hugonis hybrid which, with any warmth, should begin opening within two weeks! Not even New Years quite yet and the Banksiae lutea and the Hugonis are already flowering. What happened to "winter"? I know, you all have it, but it hasn't actually occurred here yet. Kim

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

Snow. And no tiny rosebuds waiting for me. Winter has flown the coop from California, Kim, and landed here. Diane

Happy New Year..I forgot!

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    9 years ago

Nanadoll! Okay, you don't know me, but I've enjoyed your photographs and I haven't noticed posts from you lately. Good to see you on the forum.

Kim, it's very cold here by my definition, but the closest thing to snow is my row of iceberg roses, still blooming. Seil, the snow dusting sounds beautiful. Hope your roses will survive the winter well. Toolbelt, thank you for the cheerful poem. Have a very Happy New Year, everyone.

This post was edited by jasminerose4u on Wed, Dec 31, 14 at 21:33

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

Thanks so much, Jasmine. I've been having lots of fun posting again. Here's a pic of a favorite rose of mine, Augusta Luise in 2014. Diane

• roseseek
    9 years ago

Beautiful, Diane! Welcome "home"! You've been missed. Happy New Year! Kim

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Weather not bad here, so far. Thanks everyone for your posts, comments, and pictures. Even though 2014 wasn't one of my best rose growing seasons, you all made it one of my most enjoyable and memorable seasons. Happy New Year!

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

Very mild & wet December here following a colder than usual November. Lots of new growth on my roses the past couple of weeks, but no buds. Expecting winter to resume soon and all that new growth to die.
    Nanadoll, SO glad to see you back!!!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

Thanks everybody. I've missed you all! Can't wait to see what 2015 brings in gardening roses. Diane

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

Welcome back, Diane, and a very happy new year to you and everyone else. Your rose is so beautiful; I really love all the different shadings of Augusta Luise, not to mention its ruffles.

Here in a very southern part of southern California we've had snow and temperatures hovering around the 30's at night. Before that we had a bit of rain so all that moisture is welcome. Further inland there was even more snow, and naturally everyone freaks out as though this were some incredible phenomenon. In Minnesota they probably would have considered this a balmy spring day.

Ingrid

• titian1 10b Sydney
    9 years ago

I'm glad too, to see you posting again, Diane. And thankyou, for raving about Julia Child. I have my own now, and she's so healthy and well-shaped, and takes baking afternoon sun without batting an eye.