Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mildew,fungus?

Posted by debandroses ok6 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 9:25

Due to long working hours I , unfortunately couldn't monitor my roses this last few weeks. when I went out yesterday they had what looked like black streaks on the leaves. It looked as though a small paint brush had been dipped in black paint and swiped over the leaves. I immediately sprayed with Bayer. What could this be? I couldn't find anything on line that resembled it. I just moved to northern okla from central okla and haven't encountered this before , even though I've been growing roses for about 10 yrs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mildew,fungus?

Is there a possibility that we could SEE this?

Either a digital photo -- OR a good alternative is leaves, laid in a flatbed scanner.

There are so many things that could cause this.

Jeri

o

Sorry, I'm really bad at this. But here goes...I sent the best I could find. This is more generalized but it's how it ends up looking.

o

Well, I'm in CA, rather than OK -- but if I saw that here, particularly this late in the year, I'd just chalk it up to some sort of damage, and not worry about it.

Someone closer to your area may have more helpful thoughts.

Jeri

o

I'd agree with that analysis. It looks like the leaves have experienced some cold weather. Diane

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 16:23

I agree. Leaves that have suffered some frost damage will get that black mottled look to them. At this late date in the season I wouldn't worry about it. They're about ready to drop now for the winter and they'll all get replaced with new growth in the spring.

o

Thanks to all for the reassurance! I always start with bands and didn't want my babies to die! Everything I know I've learned from lurking on this board and I've had wonderful success. I've never lost a rose and don't want to start now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here