Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Woodland Rose Garden

Posted by vickysgarden 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 10:04

A couple years ago I came across a wonderful blog with many, many beautiful photos of roses which the author was growing in a partially shaded setting. There was also information given about the individual roses he was growing. My recollection is that it was called "woodland rose garden", or something similar, but I have searched and searched recently and cannot find it!

Does anyone know the correct name of this website, or what happened to it? If it still exists, it would be nice to visit it again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Woodland Rose Garden

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 14:43

Was that Phillip in Alabama? Gorgeous garden, gorgeous photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: dirt therapy

o

No. That is Kent Krugh -- an Ohio photographer, who has photographed roses in many parts of the country.

Jeri

o

mmmm, a shame he is not continuing - it was a really rather good blog which would have been handy for my new shady situation. Never mind, there is always George Schenk - a charity shop find with a nice anecdotal style.
I typed woodland roses in Peter Beales site and came up with a neat list of 141 (quite a few of which I already have). While there were the obvious contenders (many species and sweet briars), there were also some surprising (to me) additions such as Nastarana, R.Dupontii and the Fruhling series.

o

Hoovb: Thanks, I checked out your link, and that is not the one I remember. I wish now I had written down the website name! It was really a great resource and so beautiful to look at! Does anyone else remember this site or know what's happened to it?

o

Here's a link to Kent Krugh's 'A Woodland Rose Garden' on Wayback machine. I am not sure if it is all there. I found it on an old gardenweb thread. It seems impossible to find unless you have the link. It doesn't turn up if you just search the wayback machine site.

RE: Planting Roses: How to Deal with Root Competiton?

Posted by mellifera 7md/dcburbs (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 3, 11 at 21:35

Actually there's a way to access it. There's an internet archive: waybackmachine.org. Some sites they have a more complete cache of than others. I did a search and they have it: http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20090525195623/http://woodlandrosegarden.com/
It seems like most of the photo galleries are broken, but the links to the journals are still up and running.

Here is a link that might be useful: A Woodland Rose Garden on Wayback machine

o

maureeninmd: That's it! That's the one! Thanks so much!! You are so kind to find it for me...I really appreciate it!

This is an awesome place to get information! So thankful for all you folks who post on the Rose Forum!

o

What a great site. I wonder how he is doing now.

o

I really liked Kent Krugh's site too and was sad when it disappeared. I'd seen it through the Wayback Machine link that someone kindly posted awhile ago but a lot of the photos have been removed, sadly.

I emailed him once after that to tell him how much I enjoyed his site and missed it; he said he had gotten really interested in photography and was spending his time there rather than on roses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kent Krugh Photography

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here