Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
weeks bareroots 20% off at OSH

Posted by kittymoonbeam 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 10:47

Orchard Supply Hardware has a nice selection of bareroot weeks roses in pulp pots wrapped in a plastic sleeve. Mostly oldies but some newer ones too. There are David Austin roses in fancy boxes with mossy tops and tied with a pretty bow on top. That's a pretty bareroot rose gift for sure. My OSH was open late, the garden area all swept for the night and a recording of a songbird playing. It was fun rose shopping. I bought a Gold Medal to replace the one that got downey mildew and the canes were huge. All the roses looked like a nice size with no growth yet. I was wondering what Weeks roses would look like, but at OSH, they looked very good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: weeks bareroots 20% off at OSH

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 11:48

Is that the Yorba Linda OSH? The one in Santa Ana closed down. :(

o

Yes it is suprising year, original week's roses available at local orchard hardware all over the nothern california. And roses are fresh and healthy, and really good canes. I bought fragrant plum first, and memorial day, chicago peace for replacement. Must have! today is last day 20% off but orchard usually offer coupon often. Price so low,forget about online order.

o

I bought a patent "Memorial Day" today. I wanted to buy a few more but noticed that the ones that I like are non-patent. I wasn't sure what the difference is. So, I did not buy them. I can't wait to see the Memorial Day blooms next year.

o

I received the add from OSH today and the roses are 20% off. I probably paid another $5 per bush at my local nursery, Navlets. Looking at the picture here, I don't mind.
The bushes were on tables with pictures behind the bushes and in alphabetical order. It made the shopping experience quicker and easier on my back. That being said, I'll drop by OSH in the next few days and see what they have.

o

Yes it was the new Yorba Linda OSH. I was sad to see the Santa Ana store close.

o

Good news, 20% off still going on until January 4th.

o

Went to OSH at lunch today. The selection wasn't that great. I bought a Julia Child.

o

Didn't see Austins at the Van Nuys store (sigh), but did pick up three Gold Medals, one Double Delight and one climber, Don Juan. Tried and (hopefully) true.
Because they came in the biodegradable pot, I didn't soak them for 24 hours before planting. I hope this was safe?
The Gold Medals will be planted together to form one emphatic statement in my otherwise unremarkable front lawn. House is pale yellow.
An-ti-ci-paaation ...

o

Three Gold Medals should be a wonderful focal point for your front yard.

o

• Posted by vasue 7A Charlottesville (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 1, 14 at 15:17

Plumerias-lover, the patent status of a rose doesn't have anything to do with how good a garden plant it will be, so don't let that influence your choices.

Here's a definition if you scroll down the page to find it.

Here is a link that might be useful: patent vs. non-patent roses

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here