Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

Delightfully Drenching Downpours and Deluges..

jacqueline9CA
9 years ago

I wanted to comment on our rain, but was waiting for it to stop raining for 24 hours so I could get an accurate total. That took 8 days! It rained every single day for 8 days until yesterday. During that time we got 7.5 inches of rain, making the total since July 1 10 inches. Last year as of yesterday's date we had gotten 1.8 inches since July 1!

Our 10 inches YTD is 33% greater than our "normal/average" for that date - the first time we have been above normal for years. We are used to getting a lot of rain here (normal for one entire year is about 30 inches), so the drought has been quite a shock. Anyway, it looks pretty good so far this year. The area where I live (Marin County, CA) gets its water from local reservoirs. As of this morning 2 of the half dozen local reservoirs were spilling - that hasn't happened in a long time, either.

The garden is a soggy, sodden mess of rotting leaf piles and dripping everything else - gorgeous! It is supposed to start raining again this evening, then one day of no rain, then a "strong" storm is coming in on Wed. So, I will try to get out there and rake up some of the mess when it is not raining, but I don't care, really - just very happy!

Jackie

Comments (7)