Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last HT bloom of the year

Posted by deervssteve 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 13:15

Double Delight, a little ratty but fragrant.

I have a couple of buds on the bushes, but I would be surprised if they opened.

Light frost since the beginning of the month and it will be in the high 60's this week.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last HT bloom of the year

looks great to me! it's a reminder to just hang on, spring will be coming.

o

I envy you even a faded out DD. Right now I'm viewing ice-covered everything outside my window! Argghhhh!

Kate

o

Last year, I lost track of time and missed bare root at the local nurseries. I just called and they are in.
Planning to get three; Pope John Paul, Firefighter and whatever looks good.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 13:36

My roses are just thorny sticks right now so that looks wonderful to me!

o

Things went well. The roses were from Weeks and came in small machete pots. I can put them in the ground in the next month or so. Takes the pressure off having to dig the holes now. I got the two I wanted and picked Chrysler Imperial as the third. A lot of choices at the nursery, but I didn't do a lot of research.

o

I think it's great that you have blooms in December. I'm glad you found a way to beat the deer and grow roses again. Good luck with the new ones. If you ever need a good yellow, you might like Eternal Flame. It grows so tall that most of it would be higher than they could reach.

o

Oh that's lovely! So feminine looking. :)
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here