Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stross_gw

Lichfield Angel, Windermere, or Perdita

Greg
10 years ago

Hello, everyone! I am trying to decide between Lichfield Angel, Windermere, and Perdita and thought I'd look for some input here.....

Perdita is the only one of these three that I've seen in person -- either at the ARS gardens in Shreveport or the Tyler Municipal gardens -- and I was struck by the beauty of the full, buff-colored blooms. Lichfield Angel and Windermere are both listed as doing well in the heat -- I'm in San Antonio. From the photos I've seen, LA looks to have a fuller bloom form, which I prefer to what looks to be a more cupped bloom form in Windermere. But, DA catalogue says Windermere has a nice shrub form with lots of basal breaks, which is something good!, and something makes me think LA might turn into a monster shrub here in SA, whereas I'd prefer to have a more moderate size shrub.

So, do any of y'all have experience with these three? Able to make any recommendations? And please DON'T tell me I need all three! I'm very easily enabled and need to be strong here. lol Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have on this subject.

Comments (2)