Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My selections to go in the final beds this year

Posted by DrPekeMom none (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 28, 13 at 14:08

Another Sexy Rexy (silly name for a lovely rose)
Sheer Bliss
Lyda Rose
Betty Boop
Auguste Renoir
French Perfume (I thought I had purchased this before, but what I have out there is a bright, pretty red rose with no fragrance. No clue what it is, but either I or the seller messed up)
Crown Princess Margareta (need a focal point for a bed next to a large statue )
Francois Rabelais
Mutabilis
Souvenir du President Carnot
Bouquet Parfait
Hurdy Gurdy
Stainless Steel
Bolero
and...though it it likely to end in tears,
Pope John Paul II

Wish me luck!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My selections to go in the final beds this year

It would be a great help if you could post a zone next to your name and also let us know approximately where you garden. I was happy to see Souvenir du President Carnot on your list since I grow and love it. Mutabilis is one of my favorites. I've heard great things about Bolero. Bouquet Parfait is a very pretty rose in all the pictures I've seen of it. Good luck with your new roses!

Ingrid

o

I can't wait to see pictures!!! Jumping the gun - but sounds like a lovely group of roses.
Carol

o

Sorry sorry sorry! I am in Zone 10, Sunset Zone 22. I garden in an 8000 square foot lot surrounding my elderly house in Los Angeles (in a neighborhood called West Adams.) I forget to fill that in.

I'm looking for the Bouqest Parfait to be a bit smaller, as that is going in the front of an existing border. These are small bands, so they are going to take a few years to get up to speed, but I am excited.

o

Put Stainless Steel in the middle of everything. It gets tall, not an extremely heavy bloomer but the blooms she puts out are flat-out beautiful. And they smell great. I've been growing it for a bunch of years and when it is in bloom everyone goes straight to it.

o

Thanks for the heads up, Ken-n.ga.mts!! I wouldn't have thought of Stainless Steel would get that big.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 12:06

Ah, Ballin' Auguste! as he was known around here long ago. I didn't think that one was available any more. Dozens upon dozens upon dozens of buds that never opened, no matter what the weather. Had a heavenly scent and a s--tload of rust. May you have much better luck than I did.

'Francois Rabelais' is a winner, though. Most excellent disease resistance and never stingy, stays a reasonable size.

o

CPM is a great rose. I am also planning a new bed and she will be in the center on a pillar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here