Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ogrose_tx

Edmunds Roses

ogrose_tx
11 years ago

I know that Mr. Edmunds passed away, and his nursery sold and has since closed down in Wilsonville, OR.

Have any of you had experience ordering from the current Edmunds, and just am curious as to whether they have maintained the same quality as in years past?

Comments (12)

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

I ordered Twilight Zone from the new Edmunds last spring, and the order was filled quickly, correctly, and with a very healthy bareroot rose. It's since grown and bloomed nicely. So, I have no complaints about this nursery. Diane

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Jung's bought them out. Jung's had sold roses through their seed catalog before the purchase and already had a good rating with the plant consumer guide people before the buy out. There may have been a few hiccups that first year, but from what I gather everything seems to be good now. Personally, I've ordered from Edmunds a couple of times since the buy out, and the one time I had a problem they handled it to my satisfaction. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.....Maryl

• catsrose
    11 years ago

I ordered three roses from Jung's (not Edmunds) two years ago, and none of them made it. But I plant mostly ow-root, so maybe it was me.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

I've ordered 3 or 4 times from them recently. All plants were marked correctly and all were pretty healthy. Late last spring I ordered from their clearence and I had two roses that never broke dirmency...however, they quickly issued replacement vouchers. I would order again.

Tammy

• ken-n.ga.mts
    11 years ago

I've ordered from them the past two yrs. Probably 20 roses total. All were in great shape and have grown very well for me. Will be ordering from them again this yr. When I find good roses and good service, I stick with them untill things go wrong. For me, nothing wrong with Edmunds'.

• ogrose_tx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for the information, plan to order from them.

• john_ca
    11 years ago

I am yet another satisfied customer of Edmunds Roses. The 6 roses that I ordered last year were all excellent specimens and arrived at the promised time. All have bloomed a number of times and are true to type. I will continue to order from them.

• Karolina11
    11 years ago

Sorry to bring this up but has anyone had any trouble getting their orders fulfilled? I just called them to see whether they had roses still in stock and to add them and the customer service representative told me they were the last to know on the stock as the roses have not come in yet so they don't know what stock they will actually have. Just made me worried as I have a few roses on order for a front yard planned bed.

• karl_bapst_rosenut
    11 years ago

Roses for spring shipment are just now being harvested so the so the rep. was probably right in the roses had not come in yet. Jungs/Edmunds do not grow their roses. They buy roses from Weeks mostly and contract for the better of the grade 1 stock.
    Not true about not knowing what stock they'll have. The catalogs are prepared and printed with that knowledge. Unless a crop fails they should be able to take orders on any rose in the catalog. Most will allow add ons but a few places charge a little for the service.
    At this early stage few places have roses in their warehouses except maybe the growers.

• Karolina11
    11 years ago

Thank you, makes me feel better. I was worried that they might take 100 orders for a rose but only get 50 of that rose in. Others such as Regan, who I believe also orders in, has been able to tell me whether they are out of stock, hence my worry. Thank you again!

• RpR_
    11 years ago

Thanks for the info on Jung's.

Some time back,I got all the roses I ordered from them but I also ordered Lilacs and two of those plants would be called twigs only if one was being optimistic.

• karl_bapst_rosenut
    11 years ago

Always check the website before ordering. They'll usually have an "out of stock" sign on roses no longer available.
    I've never had an out of stock on roses ordered this early from major suppliers.