Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Edmunds Roses

Posted by ogrose 8 DFW (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 14:48

I know that Mr. Edmunds passed away, and his nursery sold and has since closed down in Wilsonville, OR.

Have any of you had experience ordering from the current Edmunds, and just am curious as to whether they have maintained the same quality as in years past?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Edmunds Roses

I ordered Twilight Zone from the new Edmunds last spring, and the order was filled quickly, correctly, and with a very healthy bareroot rose. It's since grown and bloomed nicely. So, I have no complaints about this nursery. Diane

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 15:50

Jung's bought them out. Jung's had sold roses through their seed catalog before the purchase and already had a good rating with the plant consumer guide people before the buy out. There may have been a few hiccups that first year, but from what I gather everything seems to be good now. Personally, I've ordered from Edmunds a couple of times since the buy out, and the one time I had a problem they handled it to my satisfaction. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.....Maryl

o

I ordered three roses from Jung's (not Edmunds) two years ago, and none of them made it. But I plant mostly ow-root, so maybe it was me.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 16:24

I've ordered 3 or 4 times from them recently. All plants were marked correctly and all were pretty healthy. Late last spring I ordered from their clearence and I had two roses that never broke dirmency...however, they quickly issued replacement vouchers. I would order again.

Tammy

o

I've ordered from them the past two yrs. Probably 20 roses total. All were in great shape and have grown very well for me. Will be ordering from them again this yr. When I find good roses and good service, I stick with them untill things go wrong. For me, nothing wrong with Edmunds'.

o

Thank you all for the information, plan to order from them.

o

I am yet another satisfied customer of Edmunds Roses. The 6 roses that I ordered last year were all excellent specimens and arrived at the promised time. All have bloomed a number of times and are true to type. I will continue to order from them.

o

Sorry to bring this up but has anyone had any trouble getting their orders fulfilled? I just called them to see whether they had roses still in stock and to add them and the customer service representative told me they were the last to know on the stock as the roses have not come in yet so they don't know what stock they will actually have. Just made me worried as I have a few roses on order for a front yard planned bed.

o

Roses for spring shipment are just now being harvested so the so the rep. was probably right in the roses had not come in yet. Jungs/Edmunds do not grow their roses. They buy roses from Weeks mostly and contract for the better of the grade 1 stock.
Not true about not knowing what stock they'll have. The catalogs are prepared and printed with that knowledge. Unless a crop fails they should be able to take orders on any rose in the catalog. Most will allow add ons but a few places charge a little for the service.
At this early stage few places have roses in their warehouses except maybe the growers.

o

Thank you, makes me feel better. I was worried that they might take 100 orders for a rose but only get 50 of that rose in. Others such as Regan, who I believe also orders in, has been able to tell me whether they are out of stock, hence my worry. Thank you again!

o

• Posted by RpR_ 3-4 (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 15:17

Thanks for the info on Jung's.

Some time back,I got all the roses I ordered from them but I also ordered Lilacs and two of those plants would be called twigs only if one was being optimistic.

o

Always check the website before ordering. They'll usually have an "out of stock" sign on roses no longer available.
I've never had an out of stock on roses ordered this early from major suppliers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here