Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone heard from Karl lately?

Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 16:31

Karl Bapst (Rosenut) that is. He's a real pillar of this forum and although I haven't been on as much as in the past I don't remember seeing him post anything in a while...Maryl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone heard from Karl lately?

I haven't seen him here in a while either ... but he does show up on FB from time to time.

o

I e-mail Karl a few months ago to ask about wintering roses in the garage. He's friendly and helpful. Anyone can e-mail him at his Rosenut website. He doesn't visit the Roses forum since there are too many "experts" already... something along that line.

o

I wish he would show up from time to time. This is a community, I've come and gone for years. It's good to come back and see the same people, and know that they still love roses, and Gardenweb.
Just because I have other jewels in my jewelry box doesn't mean that one of the finest diamonds has any less value.
(I actually don't have a bunch of diamonds, but it is a comparison to show that Karl is valuable to have around no matter how many others with knowledge are here.)

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 13:39

Karl is a very nice man, full of good advice. He certainly is missed on this forum. If any of you have seen the remarkable job he does winter protecting his roses you probably were as impressed as I was. I wish he would put the past aside and come join us again....Maryl

o

When I first joined this forum, Karl was still posting comments, and I found his input extremely well educated and informational, and I always too extra note of the things he said. I really miss his input. I hope he reads this thread, because I for one would sure like to see him come back! He has so much to teach us newbies...

o

I am the Consulting Rosarian Chairman of the Illinois-Indiana
District. I talked to Karl in November and he was having some health issues. I was having a Consulting Rosarian School and he was going to come down to help me! He said he was sorry, but his health won't let him.

o

For those of you that are not familar with Karl, the following may be useful.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2007 thread

o

Maybe we could just send him this thread, with our well wishes. You know what I think he would like from each of us if you have it? A picture of one of your very own roses you have grown, and just a sentence or two saying something nice to him.

o

Karl has had a kidney stone, and when they went to get it they damaged him, also he has fallen several times. The only site he is on is the ARS site where he answers questions. His strength is not what it used to be. He told me to post his email if you have questions he can answer for you
rosenut@rosenut.com

o
Teasing Georgia

After Georgia outgrew and destroyed it's iron trellis, I decided to treat it as a shrub. It thrived but lately, instead of sending out numerous blooms at the end of a branch, it now sends out only one, even tho' the one is largerthan the many were.
Is there something I should be doing or not doing to restore it to its former (many blooms) condition? It's welll watered and nourished so I don't think that is the problem.
I apppreciate any help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here