Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynn2112

Showcase your Warm Pinks

Which warm pink roses are growing in your garden? Here's Pleasure floribunda, which on my computer screen and iPad looks as it did in person, and I would describe it as a warm pink. I think it is closer to peachy pink than having any blue, purple or cool color make-up. Please correct me if necessary as I am still working to understand pink.

Lynn

This post was edited by desertgarden561 on Sat, Dec 7, 13 at 21:01

Comments (17)

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

Considering I'm really not a "pink person", I am getting more and more interested in pink flowers, especially in roses. There are so many subtle shades and variances available. Most of mine tend toward the bluish/lavender end of the spectrum (with a couple bright fuchsia ones) I have a couple of warmish ones, but they're more pinkish apricot than truly pink..
    Yours looks warm pink to me; definitely a hint of salmon in there .

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I thought I posted several pics here, but either I posted them on the wrong thread or they are floating in cyberspace, or something. Sorry if this is a repeat.

Now that I understand better what a "warm pink" is (thanks for taking the time to explain), I know that I definitely have several warm ones.

Jubiless Celebration (Austin)--lovely blooms of salmon pink with a touch of yellow at the base.
    {{gwi:234833}}

Anne Boleyn (Austin)--since Anne has a lightly orangy/apricotish center.
    {{gwi:207549}}

Anne Boleyn fades rather quickly (and equisitely) and even this very pastel shade has a few light touches of apricot/orange. Quite lovely even at this fading stage.
    {{gwi:207548}}

Elle (HT)--I think I prefer Elle in her more pastel pink stages, but she definitely manifests some orangy/apricot hues at times.
    {{gwi:350361}}

That's all I remember, right off hand.

Kate

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Ok, here goes with some of mine....

AWARENESS - a great, deep warm, almost coral, pink rose. Blooms a lot and grows nice and tall, like nearly 5ft at times.
    {{gwi:350363}}

DORCAS - love the spots and speckles. She's a short grower, maybe peaking at 3ft. Good rebloom.
    {{gwi:350364}}

CARINA - a really pretty one that isn't seen much anymore.
    {{gwi:350365}}

CITRUS TEASE - a great bloomer and tons of beautiful blooms that are, for the most part, a warm almost coral pink, but also showing cool tones too.
    {{gwi:350366}}

ELLE - most often a warm pink with yellowish undertones, but can also show some cool tones too.
    {{gwi:350367}}

HELEN KELLER - a great pure warm pink that grows upright and tall, reaching as high as 6ft.
    {{gwi:350368}}

HELLO DOLLY - this is a weird one, nobody seems to know much about it. It's a dark warm pink that I got from Hortico, supposed to be the Jack Christensen yellow/pink version. Some people, including myself, also occasionally see it at HD, Lowe's and other big box stores. Was disappointed at not getting the real Christensen version, but it's actually a rather nice rose and blooms well, and repeats well too.
    {{gwi:350369}}

KATHRYN MCGREDY - a gorgeous warm pink that just gets better every yr.
    {{gwi:212129}}

PINK PANTHER - love this unusual rose. Not a great bloomer unfortunately.
    {{gwi:350370}}

PEARL ESSENCE - one of the older J&Ps that you don't see much anymore. Beautiful pearly pink blooms on a bush about 3.5ft high.
    {{gwi:350371}}

TOURNAMENT OF ROSES - what a beautiful older J&P GR. I love the lighter pink on the darker underside.
    {{gwi:350373}}

WORTHWHILE - a gorgeous, beautifully-formed, large blooming, very tall rose that repeats pretty well.
    {{gwi:350374}}

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Here's Abraham Darby

Carol

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Passionate Kisses is one of my favorite warm pinks...a glowing salmon pink:

{{gwi:350375}}

{{gwi:350376}}

And, I do love Paris de Yves St Laurent. It's probably my longest lasting cut rose...still looks fresh after a couple of weeks.

{{gwi:350377}}

{{gwi:350378}}

The classic beauty, Touch of Class:

{{gwi:350379}}

{{gwi:350380}}

Elle, looking a bit different than other pics already posted:

{{gwi:350381}}

{{gwi:350382}}

I'm not sure if Easy Does It is considered pink, but it's definitely warm:

{{gwi:350383}}

{{gwi:350384}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I love Pat's Easy Does It, and hope mine grows up to be half as stunning. I don't have any good pics, but EDI does have its warm pink moments. It's a wonderful, dependable rose. I'm loving all these beautiful showcased plants. Beth's Citrus Tease is exquisite, and I always love Tournament of Roses-- outstanding photo of its bloom, too.
    I believe Princess Alexandra of Kent has a warm pink. This photo looks "less warm" than it really is. Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

I keep looking at this thread and thinking I need to post some of mine. Finally got some time.

Not so great figuring out warm vs cool but I think these are the warm ones.

Baby Blanket
    {{gwi:350385}}

Candy Land
    {{gwi:350386}}

Chelsea Brittlyn
    {{gwi:350388}}

Elle
    {{gwi:350390}}

Eyeconic Pink Lemonade
    {{gwi:350391}}

Heather Sproul
    {{gwi:350392}}

Marijke Kooppman
    {{gwi:350398}}

New Zealand
    {{gwi:350399}}

Pinocchio
    {{gwi:350400}}

Queen Elizabeth
    {{gwi:350401}}

Rural Rhythm
    {{gwi:350402}}

Show Stopper
    {{gwi:350403}}

Strawberry Romance
    {{gwi:350404}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I think you're spot on about your warm pinks, Seil. They seem definitely warm to me, and they are a beautiful group. I remember looking up your exquisite Strawberry Romance last year on HMF when we were doing the rose alphabet in the gallery. Thanks for posting these lovely photos, everyone. Diane

• ken-n.ga.mts
    10 years ago

Since I STILL haven't mastered the art of posting photo's, Does anyone out there have a pic of BRINESSA and ROYAL HIGHNESS?? These are the only two solid pinks in my garden.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Ken--you could locate them at helpmefind.com and then link us to them.

Kate

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Ken, I posted a pic of BRINESSA under the cool pinks thread. I consider her to be more of a cool pink than a warm one.

• jacqueline9CA
    10 years ago

Here is an old warm pink - Belle Portugaise (hybrid gigantea, Cayux, 1903).

Jackie

• jacqueline9CA
    10 years ago

Here is another old warm pink - Duchesse de Brabant (tea, 1857).

Jackie

• nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

That Chelsea Brittlyn is a new one to me Seil - is a new variety or just not widely discussed? It deserves to be highlighted, as does your Strawberry Romance. Where did you get yours? I had a mother plant from Eurodesert when it closed, but it didn't make it through our winter.

To me, Floral Fairy Tale is a warm pink

{{gwi:311210}}

Among my warm pinks, I'd count Rosenstadt Friesing, though it's listed as more of an apricot, and it fades to a cream blush.

{{gwi:350407}}

Jack's Wish is also a saturated warm pink to my eye.

{{gwi:348213}}

Lorise is a blush warm pink with darker coral pink outer petals

{{gwi:320877}}

Even though Pillow Talk is on the mauve-russet side, it seems like a warm pink mauve rather than the blue tones.

{{gwi:320872}}

Sonia Rykiel also tends toward the warm pink side

{{gwi:350410}}

I think the warm pinks of Dame des Chenonceau at the foreground and the apricot-pink of Polka climbing at the left back dominate the effect of this shot, even though Edgar Degas has cooler pink stripes at the center and Earth Song is cool pink at the right rear. Between all the creams and warm pinks, I find this one soothing.

{{gwi:314542}}

Cynthia

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

CB is a mini sport of Aristocrat. I got it from NorEast when it first came out. I don't think anyone has it now. It hasn't been a real strong grower for me but if I can I can try and send you some cuttings next season. It looks a little like your Pillow Talk!

Strawberry Romance I got bare root from Regan several years ago. I was trying to collect all of John Sheldon's roses at the time. Most of them didn't make it for me either but SR seems to winter pretty well for me so I'm surprised it doesn't for you. It's phototropic and I like how it changes colors all the time.

• nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

Ah, thanks Seil. I've had reasonably good luck from others of Sheldon's roses, so I might give Strawberry Romance another try. That is, if I can work out a way to stop the "black finger of death" when I plant grafted roses - I have some new tips to try this year, so I might be buying again from Regan before long.

I couldn't tell CB was a mini, but it's lovely - testament to your photography, of course!

Cynthia

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Cynthia, you have so many exquisite photos posted on several of the current threads, I can't decide on which to post my comments--my head is spinning from all the beautiful shots. I just love the artful picture of Rosenstadt Friesing, so unusual and eye catching. But the stunner is the Dames de Chenonceau with Polka overflowing in the background. It's like a cornucopia of beauty. Yum. Give us a tour of your garden, please. And thanks for posting all these photos. Diane

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource