Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Dreaming of roses

sara_ann-z6bok
10 years ago

I took hundreds of rose pictures during the rose season and right now I am enjoying them immensely. Hope I don't post a picture you've already seen, I'll try not to. Hope you enjoy. The first one is a Belinda's Dream.

Comments (30)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sheila's Perfume

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tiffany

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Double Delight

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Buxom Beauty

• susan4952
    10 years ago

Beautiful. Isn't it fun to look at the pictures of YOUR OWN roses? And we only have to wait 4 months before we get back out there. Are you adding these to HMF?

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Fragrant Plum

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Susan - I would like to do that, haven't figured it out yet. What is the variety you posted, it is lovely? I am looking very forward to spring! Here's another arrangement of Peace. Would love to see more of your roses and everyone else's.

• susan4952
    10 years ago

Sara Ann, you have that great roser trait! Share the beauty! The peace is out of this world. I wish mine had a fragrance. We need a show off thread. No questions, just pictures! Cold winter days are good for that!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Susan - That is very sweet. I agree with you on the show off thread. I have to post one more right now. It is Tropicana.

• KarenPA_6b
    10 years ago

Beautiful roses! Thank you for posting such beauties on this wet and dreary day. I have two that I'd like to share too. Here is Johann Strauss

• KarenPA_6b
    10 years ago

This is Falling in Love.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Those are gorgeous!! Just what I needed to see. It's -31F including wind chill. Brrrrr.

Here's one of mine.
    Queen of Sweden

• ratdogheads z5b NH
    10 years ago

Sara-Ann, so excited to see your Sheila's Perfume, she's one of my 2014 additions and spring seems so far off.

This is my dreaming picture I recently put on my laptop desktop. Green Ice next to a nameless old rose.

Yesterday I took advantage of temps in the high 40s to do some last minute winterizing. This morning we have a covering of snow and it looks like we'll have icy rain all day, treacherous on branches that are still holding their leaves.

Di

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I love the light pinks, they are all gorgeous. Di what a lovely combination, Green Ice with your old garden rose. I really enjoy my Sheila's Perfume. The color can range anywhere from a pink and cream to almost red with a deep yellow, it is always lovely with a nice fragrance. Carol, -31 below! We think we've got it really bad with our 6 degrees, we are spoiled! Your Queen of Sweden is luscious! Kousa, your Johann Strauss is gorgeous and the Dream Come True is really lovely. I definitely need some more light pinks!

• lesmc
    10 years ago

O.K....I`ll play! Snow and ice cover my garden this morning, but spring will come again! This is a picture of Cabana. This rose does great here...always in bloom and I just love the stripes! Lesley

• lesmc
    10 years ago

This is Magnificent Perfume. This rose is so beautiful and smells so good! It is one that gets better with age. I am so glad I added it to my garden. Lesley

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Great photos, Sara and all! I'll add another pale pink one.

The Griffith Buck rose Rural Rhythm

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Got you beat, sara-ann. KS is having a heat wave of 10 degrees. Will get up to a sweaty 18 degrees this afternoon!

I agree on the vicarious joys of rose photos--my own roses at their best! Gets me through the rose-deprived winter!

I think we need some floribundas--too often ignored on this forum. Good way to have lots of blooms, isn't it!

Our Lady of Guadalupe
    {{gwi:214264}}

This floribunda--Easter Basket--has flowery eggs of many colors.
    {{gwi:221709}}

But then, those really big show-off HTs like Peter Mayle won't be forgotten either.
    {{gwi:350662}}

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Lesley and Seil. Lesley - Those roses are gorgeous and Seil that Griffith Buck Rose is really pretty. I've really wanted to try some of his. You both have such beautiful roses! There are some real lovelies on here, keep them coming!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kate - I totally agree on the floribundas. It has taken me awhile to warm up to them, but I am realizing what an asset they are. Our Lady of Guadalupe and Easter Basket are both charming, love them and Peter Mayle looks like another good HT. Thanks Kate and enjoy your balmy 18 degrees, lol!

• susan4952
    10 years ago

Kate,I rarely see any info on Easter basket. I have an old standard that I love so much. I ordered the bush form for 2014. Such a pretty rose. Excuse my spots. Pic was taken in October.

• lesmc
    10 years ago

That picture of Lady of Guadalupe is outstanding. I lost mine and have not been able to find a replacement. That rose was never without blooms. I had it in a pot that got water-logged. I did not pay attention and it died. My bad.Easter Basket is a rose I have considered and the pictures of it really catch my attention. I love seeing these beautiful pictures.Here is a picture of Daybreaker..I have two of these pretty ladies! Lesley

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lesley - Daybreaker is breathtaking, I love the color combination. I don't think there is any way I could ever have the time, room or money to try all the roses I would like to, there are too many beauties. I'm going to do the best I can though. Seems like sometimes on this forum the pictures are actually prettier than the ones from the vendors trying to sell them!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Seems like sometimes on this forum the pictures are actually prettier than the ones from the vendors trying to sell them!

Yes, Sara, and as some of our forum rose photographers will tell you (in loud complaining tones), some of the vendors have been known to "steal" our rose pics, without our permission, to use on their websites. (Right, Paul?)

That pic of Johann Strauss is lovely, kousa--and of Rural Rhythm, seil.

Kate

• KarenPA_6b
    10 years ago

Thanks, Kate. Johann Strauss put on a great spring flush until JB and BS set in and the bush looked really bare. It was so sad looking this past summer. I can't wait to grow the Austins that you recommend, Lady of Shallott and Munstead Wood as I have them on order. I hope to have some good pictures of them next year.

Sara-Ann, I can't wait to grow Double Delight, which is also on order. I fell in love with its scent when I had a sniff of it this summer; it was such a treat!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kousa - Double Delight is a great rose, the coloration is always a surprise and lovely and it is always highly fragrant.

Kate - That is sad that some rose companies would "steal" pictures!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Sara--just to make sure I'm not unfairly besmirching any rose companies, let me modify my statement a bit. My impression is that the violators tend to be more individual entrepreneurs--like some regular vendors on E-Bay and such places. I do not know for sure that the standard "companies" are guilty of such tactics. I do know that Paul has complained bitterly about having to police the internet periodically to rescue his rose pics from greedy posters.

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kate - Thank you for that clarification.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    10 years ago

Beautiful roses, everyone! Enjoyed seeing them all.

How about a 'Prospero' from this afternoon? Not a huge number in bloom right now, but because of the cool weather, they are pretty choice. Prospero is having his best year ever at age 14.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hoovb - What a beautiful rose!