Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottfam125

heirloom roses wanting to know how many people want peach silk!

Hi everyone, I talked with Shawna at Heirloom and she said for me to find out how many people would be interested in Peach Silk. If you think you might want one let me know and I will pass it on to her. Thanks, Judy

Comments (33)

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

The photos don't do justice to the color of the flower. This is a magnificent rose with subtle blending and a pearly sheen and delicacy to the petals. My favorite peach pink blended rose

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I just looked it up at HMF--lovely bloom! But, as usual, I have no room in my gardens for any more roses. : (

Kate

• ruthie759
    10 years ago

I would be very interested in Peach Silk!

• ruthie759
    10 years ago

I would be very interested in Peach Silk!

• susan4952
    10 years ago

Me, too.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I'm interested in Peach Silk, too. Do any of you know how PS might compare to the climber Dublin Bay as far as repeat? I can fit one more climber in my garden, and bloom repeat is the make or break, nothing else, for whichever climber I go with between the two of these roses. Thanks for any comments on this. Diane

• happyret65
    10 years ago

count me in!

• happyret65
    10 years ago

count me in!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. I think I will call them tomorrow and let her know how many would like to get one so far and see what she says. Diane I have no idea how one compares to the other. Thanks everyone!!

• dregae (IN, zone 6b)
    10 years ago

I have wanted this rose for years please convince them to rerelease it!!!!!! I would fork over the cash faster than they could blink!

Grace e

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I decided to wait til Monday to call so let's all cross our fingers!! I will let you know what they say. Judy

• Alana8aSC
    10 years ago

Judy, I want a blue bayou if they still have the mother plant, I planned to call and ask but if your already calling do you think you can ask? I know several people wanted one!

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

There was also someone in VA who wanted one a little while back. She posts on the Antiques forum

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Alana. I will def ask about Blue Bayou! Kitty I will add one more to my total. Thanks y'all!!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi everyone! I called Heirloom and talked with Shauna and she said a couple people requested Peach Silk today too so hopefully with that plus me telling her I know of about 10 others wanting it will get this baby back in production. She said she had no timeline for when she would know if it got the go ahead. So as soon as I know I will let y'all know.

Alana, when I asked about Blue Bayou she said someone already called this morning so I'm assuming it was you!! Take care , Judy

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

For those of you (that includes me) wanting Peach Silk, check out The Impressionist (not their April Impressionist) on the Heirloom website, as well as HMF. This a gorgeous climber, too, and supposedly is a continuous bloomer. I love the looks of it, but haven't grown it. Diane

• Alana8aSC
    10 years ago

Judy it wasn't me, but I'll call tomorrow definitely, lol!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Diane, I loved the color of the impressionist in the pics where it's a softer color but wonder how much it blooms the brighter orange color??

Great Alana!! Apparently someone else wants it too!!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

WHOOOO HOOOO!! Were getting our Peach Silk folks. Shawna said the guy that does that looked into it and decided to put it back in production and she will call me back when its available. Still no timeline at all but thats fine. I'm just glad to be getting that beauty. Judy

• dregae (IN, zone 6b)
    10 years ago

Awesome!!!! I certainly don't mind being patient for the pretty rose!! Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this.

Grace e

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    10 years ago

went to HMF. Count me in too! Susan

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You're more than welcome Grace!! Susan I will start another post when they call and tell me it's ready. Thanks y'all!! Judy

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

my peach silk pictures are still up on the gallery. I couldn't get them to link here

I'm so happy with this rose. It's 1/3 larger than these pictures now. It's getting really big. I hope you all enjoy yours. Now that she's big, she will have a few good blooms any month here and a nice fall show. Spring is the best of course.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey kitty moonbeam!! Your pics are what got me wanting this rose bad!! I luuuuuuv it!! I'm hoping they will get it going this year so I can get it in the ground. Thanks again!!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok. I contacted Heirloom today to see if they managed to propagate Peach Silk and today they tell me if 25 people want it they will do it. I told them I had about 9 or 10 but that was it. Lol. Waiting to hear back from them. I talked to Linda so if any of you want to call and plead with her please do so!!! Judy

• bayourose
    9 years ago

Prettypetals,

I just saw this post this morning and the rose is gorgeous! I just love all the pastel colored roses! do you know if this rose can be grown as a shrub or bush instead of a climber? if so, I would love to be included in the list. thanks so much for posting about this.

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    9 years ago

I'm definitely interested! I know just where I'd put her, too :)

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    9 years ago

I too have a spot for this beauty ! :)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey bayou rose! I have no idea if it can be grown as a bush. I saw someone's pic earlier in the year and when I contacted Heirloom I thought after I told them I knew of about ten people who wanted it that they said they'd get it back in production. Now they say 25. Grrrrrr. Now I don't know what will happen. If anyone wants one they need to contact Heirloom and ask for Linda!!! Thanks y'all!!!

• barb_roselover_in
    9 years ago

Would this peach silk be good in Northern Indiana? We have wicked winters, but it sounds like "I wanta". Barb

• treehugger101
    9 years ago

Count me in!!!

• bayourose
    9 years ago

Thanks , pretty petals. I will call Linda and ask her if it can be grown as a bush. Appreciate your efforts on this beautiful rose.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I soooooo hope we get enuf folks to call them and ask for Linda and stress how much we want Peach Silk.