Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still Blooming at the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden

Posted by FriendsSJRoseGarden CA (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 22:55

Though it's not as gorgeous as this photo taken in May, most beds are still blooming at the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden. On some rose beds, we've been able to get 4 - 5 bloom cycles. See us at www.FriendsSJRoseGarden.org or "Like" us on Facebook www.facebook.com/FriendsoftheSanJoseRoseGarden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still Blooming at the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden

Wow - this transorms this silly Snooki photo (the one with the girl holding flowers taller than her) into the real thing. Talk about getting a nose-full without having to bend over. I think I need to visit my sister who lives in San Jose!

o

Amazing.

o

Amazing! I like how they grow roses so close together, without any diseases due to great climate. Here in Chicagoland the roses at the park are equally loaded, except much smaller and spaced apart for ventilation due to blackspot pressure. Thanks for the pic.

o

[Lest anyone be confused, this is a different garden than the SJ Heritage Rose Garden.]

o

Oh no there are dieases there, especially powdery mildew in the spring(climate). Still I'd love to walk through. We're going down that way this weekend.

o

When I lived in San Jose 26 years ago I was within walking distance of that garden. I use to take my son in the stroller over there almost every day and spend the morning. That garden is what inspired me to really get into roses. I use to have 50 bushes, but have cut back to just 30 now. When I am in the area I always visit the garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here