Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19771673

They Dried out a little

User
12 years ago

A lot of Rain balled SDLM & Capt Dyel but the rest came through fine

I took this through the fence this morning on the way to work.

{{gwi:209398}}

Madame Hardy is now 4 years old but hasn't really gotten large which I'm grateful for

{{gwi:209401}}

Leonie's Appoline is doing quite well after 4 or 6 years

a found rose once though to be a Bourbon.

{{gwi:209403}}

Madame Wagram is nice enough but in the end is just another pink poor producer (pity) 1 bloom.

{{gwi:209405}}

Pat is now 12 and need to be kept under control or she would reach 10 ft and sometimes does by late summer shes next to clematis blue light.

{{gwi:209406}}

Florence Zeph bounced back but she was drowned for days

Zephirine Drouhin

{{gwi:209407}}

For all it's faults BS & balling La France is truly a great rose with a great Fragrance & there are many versions out there some I've seen are so pale with almost no reverse. Or Then there the Duchess of Albany with a deep magenta pink reverse but in 2 days it's almost indistinguishable from the version I got from Pickering. I've always loved this rose & I need to move it to a better spot,

{{gwi:209408}}

Don Juan The white on the left is Rosa Laxa & the clematis is Marie Boissolot

{{gwi:209409}}

Late afternoon an explosion of blooms Morden Blush Eglantine The tall deep redpinks in the Back are unpruned Senior Proms they have reach about 12 ft Shorter orange pink is Citrus tease. The Orange could be Veldfire we don't know the person who bought it took the tags off.

{{gwi:209410}}

Lastly Kronprincessin Viktoria & sport This bush is about 6ft tall and 5 wide and a portion of it sports pink.

{{gwi:209411}}

Comments (18)

• kristin_flower
    12 years ago

I'm sorry you had to go to work today! These pictures melt my heart. We are still waiting for the roses to bloom here in Minnesota. I always look forward to your beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for the lovely pictures, la brea. Your garden is SO beautiful and filled with wonderful roses. I also have Leonie's Appoline and even as a baby she's bloomed some gorgeous blooms, although some of them hang down since the plant is so tiny. Also have KVcP and wish it would sport like yours. I love it when than happens. My La France is a tiny band with one gorgeous, large and fragrant bloom.

Seeing your garden shots this morning was such a treat. I really hope you'll post more.

Ingrid

• frogview00
    12 years ago

In the Countess' defense, she was a late bloomer (key word,was). But my real question is, did you notice the bourbon in her?

• ibheri
    12 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing pictures of your beautiful garden. It must be so rewarding to be among those beautiful beautiful blooms. Liked all of them and the companion plants. Liked Pat a lot with the clematis. My pat is just a baby in my garden, got it about 3 months and it started to bloom.

• lovemysheltie
    12 years ago

What amazing photos!! Your garden is spectacular!

• mashamcl
    12 years ago

Amazing roses and wonderful photography. Thanks for posting.

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

labrea, your garden is one of the most beautiful here on the forum! Thank you so much for posting these pictures I can't say how much I enjoyed looking at them. I love that you are combining your roses with clematis. Leonie's Appoline is to die for as well as La France. Both went on my rose wish list.

I am looking forward to seeing more photos of your garden in the future.

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I garden in a Community Garden in Greenwhich Village & my area & passion are roses.

• zeffyrose
    12 years ago

Joe--so happy to see your beautiful pictures---thanks for the picture of Zeffy---she is still one of my favorites---(love her early bloom and the fragrance still makes me swoon)--
    You have such a wonderful eye for beauty---your pics are always amazing---
    Florence

• User
    12 years ago

Glorious pictures. I've never seen a photo of Madame Hardy that I didn't love. She's byoooteeeful right up to the tips of her feathery sepals.

• vettin
    12 years ago

Beautiful - and I am adding Don Juan and the blue light clematis to my want list, and maybe others ....

• imagardener2
    12 years ago

what a stunning rose garden and NYC you say? how can you tear yourself away from them in all their glory. I would sit and sit except for strolling around every now and then to look at things from a new vantage point.

thanks for sharing the views.

Denise

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Incredible pics, I love the last pic of K. Victoria and the pink sport.

• aimeekitty
    12 years ago

gorgeous. I really like seeing the garden shots with companion plants. very inspiring.

• blendguy
    12 years ago

Wow!

I just LOVE your garden. It looks so lush and everything looks very happy indeed!

The first photo "knocked my socks off", it's just so nice.

Thanks you so much for sharing these.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Ahhhh. Now I can crawl into bed and have sweet dreams of your gorgeous garden. I'm getting Don Juan now. Had no intention of ever doing that, but it's just too beautiful.
    Renee

• jumbojimmy
    12 years ago

A Beautiful garden! And a nice combination of perennials too. The different shades of blue plants really look great with roses.

• jeannie2009
    12 years ago

Just amazing and each year more beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to share.
    Jeannie