Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimeekitty

More Huntington Rose Photos 2

aimeekitty
13 years ago

I went again to Huntington Library and Garden yesterday to study the roses and irises some more. They're really in full bloom right now, if you're in the area, you should go!

One of the mixed iris beds near the Shakespeare Garden. This gives me hope about my own beds... It's charming! Some of these are the same flowers I have.

{{gwi:210817}}

{{gwi:210819}}

{{gwi:210820}}

ON TO THE ROSES

{{gwi:210821}}

William Shakespeare 2000 was arranged around a bench with yellow columbine. I have two babies of this rose in my backyard.

{{gwi:210822}}

{{gwi:210823}}

Leontine Gervais

{{gwi:210824}}

Autumn Damask

{{gwi:210825}}

... the rose blooms themselves are lovely, but the habit of the bush is rather gangly, eh? The thorns are epic, too. Is this the normal habit of this rose?

{{gwi:210826}}

Ludlow Castle

{{gwi:210827}}

Lynn Anderson

{{gwi:210828}}

Mme. Alfred Carriere. So glad I have this... I hope mine will look as gorgeous as this one day.

{{gwi:210829}}

{{gwi:210830}}

I really liked this rose... also wondering if it's a smaller variety. The one here, seemed small... but it could just be young? Anyone know?

Paul Bocuse

{{gwi:210832}}

{{gwi:210833}}

{{gwi:210834}}

Sharifa Asma

{{gwi:210835}}

Ebb Tide

{{gwi:210836}}

I have this same plant as a climber in the back corner of my backyard.

Eden

{{gwi:210837}}

{{gwi:210838}}

Enfant De France

{{gwi:210840}}

Portland from Glendora

{{gwi:210841}}

{{gwi:210842}}

Wildeve (this is one I have the same of in my front yard.)

{{gwi:210843}}

Carding Mill (I just bought one of these)

{{gwi:210844}}

Am really tempted to try this rose as a climber...

Crown Princess Margareta

{{gwi:210845}}

{{gwi:210848}}

Alnwick Castle

{{gwi:210851}}

I really liked this one.

Bolero

{{gwi:210852}}

HUGE BLOOM!

Captain Harry Stebbings

{{gwi:210853}}

Heaven on Earth (I really liked this one... again wondering if it's a smaller plant or just young.

{{gwi:210854}}

{{gwi:210855}}

{{gwi:210856}}

More general rose photos

{{gwi:210857}}

{{gwi:210858}}

{{gwi:210859}}

Royal Sunset

{{gwi:210861}}

Sally Holmes

{{gwi:210863}}

{{gwi:210865}}

{{gwi:210867}}

Comments (6)

• armyyife
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh wow! I wish I was there! So many beautiful roses and flowers too! I don't normally like red floweres but that Lynn Anderson is spectacular and that Eden so sweet and oh that gorgeous yellow Margareta! Thanks for sharing! ~Meghan

• vuwugarden
    13 years ago

Oh, thank you, aimee! What a treat to see the photos.

Just like you, I can't wait for my Mme. Alfred Carriere to mature. I want it to eat my tree :)

Now to your second photo...

• Krista_5NY
    13 years ago

The Mme Alfred Carriere is amazing, it's a spectacular rose. Thanks for sharing these lovely pics.

• jljohnson740
    13 years ago

These are just beautiful photos...what a wonderful world you live in..thanks so much for sharing..wish I had all the space needed for a large garden! My Crown Princess is traveling down a lattice fence and she's beautiful. She grows so quickly, well, not until the 2nd year. She's just full of blooms and smells divine! Try it!! It works!!

• jeffcat
    13 years ago

Aimee, what is the Red climbing rose that is in the picture just above where you typed "Royal Sunset"? Is that Red Eden? I hope mine looks that nice eventually if so. I always love this gardens because you always buy roses and have them in the ground, but then you can go to these locations and see them in full swing...or at least most of the time. It gets your hopes up for the same roses you have at home. I love the Enfant de France green budeye. I also like the red/white climbing combo. I've always enjoyed Red/White combinations, but rarely every see the colors together...must just be me. It's nice to see the 2 colors amongst each other.

• aimeekitty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed them!

jeffcat, Unfortunately that red rose didn't have a label that I could see. It was in the Hybrid Tea section of the garden, you could try calling to ask. The pale pink rose surrounding it was First Kiss, with a border of Cinderella in front. It's a round display, if that helps at all.

The setup of those three together was very charming and a bit fairy-tale. :)

I totally know what you mean about seeing roses that you have at home in full swing at a garden. Because often you buy online,... and just seeing someone's photos of a rose upclose isn't the same as seeing the real bush, mature, in person.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County