{{gwi:210878}}

Crestline Mulberry

{{gwi:210879}}

Kimberlina

{{gwi:210880}}

La Marne

{{gwi:210881}}

{{gwi:210882}}

Lilac Rose, this looked like a smaller plant? Or is it just young?

{{gwi:210883}}

Also appeared to be a smaller, charming plant, Anne Boleyn

{{gwi:210884}}

{{gwi:210885}}

Another shorter, charming rose, Crystal Palace

{{gwi:210886}}

{{gwi:210887}}

Mayor of Casterbridge

{{gwi:210888}}

{{gwi:210890}}

White Grootendorst Rugrosa

I'd never noticed a rugrosa before... I really like the leaves...!

{{gwi:210891}}

{{gwi:210892}}

Pink Grootendorst Rugrosa

Roseraie Del hay

Wil Alderman Rugrosa

Belle Poitevine Rugosa

I WANT A RUGROSA NOW. :D

Rugrosa Rubra

Mystery polyantha... anyone know what it is?

Is this Zepherine Drohin? People say it doesn't do well here... but this one seems to be doing well? Maybe Huntington has magical gardeners (they probably do.)

Champney's Pink Cluster

Comments (10)

• vuwugarden
    13 years ago

I WANT A RUGROSA TOO! You are such an enabler!

I like their leaves. I wonder how well they will do in my area.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful day!

• mashamcl
    13 years ago

Crestline Mulberry is so gorgeous! Their rugosas look very good, not much chlorosis at all. Thanks for posting those.

Masha

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

Beautiful pictures! I too want Crestline Mulberry but I don't think it's in commerce yet although I did see it in a rosarian's garden. I think they want to make sure that public gardens are supplied with it first.

Very lovely roses, thanks so much for showing us these aimee. I also love rugosas and had two for a while but they have no leaves in the winter and didn't like my hot summers, and for me don't rebloom like the tea roses, Austins or Bourbons. They are wonderful though when they're well grown in a climate they like.

Ingrid

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

aimeekitty, thanks for taking us on a Huntington Garden Rose tour. Like others I love the look of Crestline Mulberry. How much more romantic can it get?

Mayor of Casterbridge stands also out for me, I always fall for cup-shaped blooms...

I have never seen a pic of the White Grootendorst Rugosa. I like white roses very much and I think this is the most beautiful Rugosa that I have ever seen.

Christina

• User
    13 years ago

MNNN thank you for Crestline Mulberry I've never seen or heard of it before what a beauty!

• jeffcat
    13 years ago

How tall was that Mayor of Casterbridge? I've seen it has medium sized blooms, but I rarely see mature specimens of the Mayor. The pink climber is most definitely Zepherine Drouhin.

• aimeekitty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

jeffcat - Mayor of Casterbridge was quite tall. It was in the middle of the bed with shorter roses in front of it. It could have been 6 -7 feet tall or more. (I'm 6 feet tall) if I remember correctly. I remember it being large.

• jannorcal
    13 years ago

Great photos.
    Are you sure the mystery rose is a polyantha? Hard to judge the scale of the plant, but wonder if it could be Bouquet Parfait, a Louis Lens hybrid musk?

I grew Zephirine in So Cal at the coast near Marina Del Rey. It did not do well. I'm now growing it near Sacramento and it does quite well. It needs winter chill. If you're in the San Gabriel Valley then you may be able to grow it with success.
    Janelle

Here is a link that might be useful: Bouquet Parfait on HMF

• aimeekitty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Janelle, thanks so much...! We only get to about 30-36 here, I'm in the Antelope/Santa Clarita Valley area not San Gabriel (but that's where these photos were taken) so I'm guessing Zephirine wouldn't do as well for me.

with the mystery rose, no, I'm not sure it's a polyantha. Some of the roses around it were, so I guessed. Your link to Bouquet Parfait looks a lot like it! That could be! Regardless BP looks like a gorgeous rose! I'll have to do some research on it and see if it would do well for me! The mystery rose they had at the front of a rose bed, so I was hoping to find a floriforous shorter rose to go in the front of some of my beds.

• aimeekitty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

actually.... could it be Margo's Sister?
    http://www.roguevalleyroses.com/product_info.php?products_id=772

Here is a link that might be useful: Margo's Sister