Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanserrackd

The most beautiful rose-but what is it??

Susan Serra
10 years ago

I'll have to re-post this as the link doesn't work.

This post was edited by tivoli_rose on Sun, May 12, 13 at 7:42

Comments (23)

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    Original Author
    10 years ago

More soon on this beautiful mystery rose!

• michaelg
    10 years ago

Wait. . . I know. . . the most beautiful rose is Susan!

This post was edited by michaelg on Mon, May 13, 13 at 17:07

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, that's right! :) haha. I have to get the images together but I'm wondering if it's Mrs. Herbert Stevens!

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and another image...

• Krista_5NY
    10 years ago

Lovely kitty and the rose is beautiful.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Could it be Tineke?

Kate

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Krista-both are beauties!
    Kate, it's close but I don't think so.

Here's another link with lots more images:

Here is a link that might be useful: Mystery Rose

• harborrose_pnw
    10 years ago

hi, Susan,
    So the apricot colored roses in the above pic, are they something else or just a cream colored phase or just the way the lighting is on your mystery rose? Is it a climber? I'm guessing not since Mrs. Herbert Stevens isn't, but the new pix do seem like it might be. It's beautiful, whatever it is!

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    Original Author
    10 years ago

harborrose, I did have Reve d'Or planted just nearby so that must be it. I don't remember it being that apricot color on the outside at all-a touch on the inside maybe but not on the outside. Thanks :)

• zeffyrose
    10 years ago

Susan--nice to see your name--- I think of you often and wonder how your garden is doing since you moved---I remember how beautiful your garden was in your other home
    This rose is gorgeous.
    Florence

• User
    10 years ago

Hi Susan I thought of Ilse Kron Superior right off which can nod be very white or have that ivory cream quality.
    For some reason I thought you had it at your last house!

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, I did have it at my last house and have been dreaming about it since! I didn't take it with me. I don't know, Joe, if you look closer at the link above, I'm not sure it's the right form, but maybe worth a try if the Mrs. Herbert Stevens bloom isn't right when I finally see one (it's planted).

Hi Florence! I hope you're well and your garden is blooming! I'm here over 3 years now and this year was, of course, the best year for our new roses. We don't have that many, but it's still a nice collection.

• Albine
    10 years ago

Hi...
    Maybe "Madame Jules Bouché"

Here is a link that might be useful: gardenweb

• onewheeler
    10 years ago

Just saw this pic and it reminded me of Frau Karl Druschki. One of my favorite white roses.

Valerie

• vettin
    10 years ago

Was this ever id? Any more guesses?

• melissa_thefarm
    9 years ago

I would say it's not 'Mrs. Herbert Stevens', as the flowers on mine (I have the climbing form) nod considerably; also this flower gives me the inpression of having thicker petal substance. I would also rule out 'Mme. Jules Bouche', though I can't say exactly why: the plant and flowers just don't look right.
    Melissa

• patricianat
    9 years ago

Leaves too modern for Frau Karl Druschki.

• DavidBeck
    9 years ago

It looks a lot like John F. Kennedy, an HT.

• vettin
    7 years ago

Any updates?

• nikthegreek
    7 years ago

Old thread this. What I can tell is that it is not Mrs HS nor is it Tineke, as I grow both. No clue what it might be, looks like a climbing HT to my eyes.

• romogen
    7 years ago

The flowers in the pictures have too many petals to be Mme Herbert Stevens. Looks more like White Cap or Climbing Snowbird.

• Rosefolly
    7 years ago

It looks an awful lot like Pope John Paul II. Check for intense fragrance. Tineke for example has no fragrance at all.

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert