Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Charles de Mills

Posted by twohuskies z4A Mpls, MN (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 22, 09 at 23:08

Charles is a bit late to the party but boy does he make an entrance! What a handsome guy..

Charles de Mills

Charles de Mills

Charles de Mills

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Charles de Mills

I consider this to be one of the most beautiful of the once-blooming old roses. The coloring is so rich and the rose is so packed with petals. I've never seen or smelled one but it looks as though it would be so fragrant.

Ingrid

o

It's spectacular.

Randy

o

Lord I love those colors!

o

twohuskies, thanks for posting these awesome photos!

I think, it is one of the most beautiful roses out there! Too bad, that it probably won't do well in my climate. That's why I am even more enjoying your photos :-).

o

What a beauty-----thanks for the treat.

Florence

o

During the tour of my garden a couple of weeks ago, a lady rushed up to me and pointed across the lawn, saying, "What's that rose, that dark one, that looks like a peony, tons of blooms, great smell, and it's so beautiful?" She took home a sucker of Charles de Mills, lucky thing. I love those who love the best roses, don't you? Perfect photos, Twohuskies! Thanks for sharing.

Sue

o

Everytime I see this rose, it just knocks my socks off! Love it.

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here