Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elemire_gw

Bit of winter magix

13 years ago

I had some stroll around the village this weekend, walking our little gremlin and took a few chilly pictures. :)

{{gwi:218476}}
Ballerina hips

{{gwi:218478}}
Belle Epoque bud

{{gwi:218479}}
Unknown white polly winter tale

{{gwi:218480}}
Crepuscule is bit sad panda in this weather.

{{gwi:218482}}
Leda leaves

{{gwi:218483}}
Blackberry leaf in my garden

{{gwi:218484}}
My hedge

{{gwi:218486}}
Barberry

{{gwi:218488}}
My little pine

{{gwi:218489}}
Crabbapple. I wish I had that nice one in my garden!

{{gwi:218490}}
My crabapple looks more like a cherry :( oh well nice pink flowers and red leaves at least in the summer.

{{gwi:218491}}
Some public shrubbery

{{gwi:218492}}
Some public shrubs

{{gwi:218493}}
Lovely big tree

{{gwi:218494}}
Lovely big tree

Some garden with big trees (not much else to be honest, but trees are spectacular)

Back passage to the snack bar. :D

Some pretty shrubs near the local pond

That is the farmland 5 min walk from where we live. It was getting dark and misty, so not the best shot, but quite moody. x)

Comments (16)

• 13 years ago

GREAT PICTURES-----I love winter trees and you captured them beautifully----

Thanks for sharing these lovely images.

Florence

• 13 years ago

Amazing how exquisite nature can be. Thanks for sharing them, Elemire.

Sherry

• 13 years ago

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.
    Is it time to go skating?

• 13 years ago

Great crabapple pic, thanks for sharing these lovely winter scenes.

• 13 years ago

Thanks. :)
    Inga, actually no, no skating yet, as the channels did not freeze yet and the last time I checked there still were sheep grazing in our village skating field. :D I think they will flood it later in the year.

• 13 years ago

This really makes me wish I lived in a place with snow! THese photos are just amazingly gorgeous.

• 13 years ago

Elmire, I saw a small Rembrandt "Winter Landscape" pen and ink drawing today in a book and thought of it when I looked at your last photo. Same shaped house and trees were similar, I think.

Nice pictures, I enjoyed looking again.

• 13 years ago

aimee, it comes also with cold and slippery too. ;)

harborrose, you know Dutch and Flanders artists were highly renowned for their landscapes. When you live in the countryside for a while, it is not difficult to guess why, as most of NL are flatlands, with huge and very pretty skies above. The building of the farm is also a traditional one, living house connected with a barn.

• 13 years ago

Elmire, here is a link an art site that has the pen and ink I saw in a drawing book. I thought that maybe the house style in your pic was very traditional and is something like one that R would have seen too.

Here is a link that might be useful: winter landscape with cottage and trees

• 13 years ago

Yes, the house shape may vary a bit, but it is rather typical to have those low roofs, also it is very common to plant high trees around the farmstead, as it breaks the winds and stops snow to some degree. :)

• 13 years ago

Those are fabulous frost photos, Elemire. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. And I love the farm shot - I think you captured a wonderful moment between light and darkness.

• 13 years ago

Elemire,
    Very nice pictures. Even my daughter, who hates winter, thinks they are pretty.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Kitty

• 13 years ago

Just stopped in for another peek at these gorgeous pictures--I just love the way the leaves on Leda and others have an ice trimming around the lreaves----

Florence

• 13 years ago

Oh...... I almost never see that kind of winter beauty... maybe in Quebec last Christmas. Thank you so much for transporting me there. I loved it.

• 13 years ago

Looking through the old picture files I also found other shots of the same farmstead from 2009-2010 winter. :) And rather nice pic of the park in Groningen after a snowfall last year. :)

{{gwi:218500}}

{{gwi:218501}}

{{gwi:218502}}

• 13 years ago

Fantastic!!