Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Janet Inada or Yolande d'Aragon

Posted by stacian zone10 socal (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 3:21

Completely ignoring color or other factors,

Which one is better for rebloom and fragrance?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Janet Inada or Yolande d'Aragon

I would think Yolanda problematical in zone 10.

I had her twice. With a north exposure and afternoon shade, she was fine. At the next house, with east exposure and in town water restrictions, she hardly grew at all.

I don't know anything about JI.

o
RE: Janet Inada or Yolande d'Aragon

I'm guessing you would appreciate someone's first hand experience - I wish i had bought Yolande d'Aragon years ago so I could tell you, but it kept selling out before I could buy one. That's a good sign.
Tried to do some research for you; it seems YDA would come out ahead with fragrance, although I couldn't find anywhere that would say what it smells like. It seems years ago I heard it smells like raspberries but that may be mistaken for another rose. I would love to know...
Paul Barden says Janet smells citrusy rose as you probably already discovered. He also remarked that Janet blooms in "generous flushes" which may win out over YDA in that respect.
When I can't decide one or the other, I abandon them both out of frustration!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here