Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
side screen pictures.....why?

Posted by campanula UK Cambridge (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 8:30

It was, quite honestly, a nightmare which necessitated moving my screen across in order to avoid seeing the vomit-inducing shot of weirdly discoloured sprouts all over Xmas. Not much better now with pics of 6 sickly prawns and some oddly coloured rice....and whats with the peas?

Also, whoever Soibean is, I am fed up with her (unbelievably dull) kitchen and resent having to see it every time I go to GW.
Why are they doing this to us? Rubbish screen shots are as bad as adverts and these stay there for weeks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: side screen pictures.....why?

You know why. They're getting paid for the adverts. They probably need the money. I'm really sick of the shrimp too! I go to my computer early before breakfast so you can imagine.

o

If they didn't pay, we would have to...

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 11:18

Those shrimp are really gross.

I have found the "most recent posts' thing very interesting--the home forums are much more active than the plant ones. I never even thought about the home forums. It explains Soibean's kitchen...must compete with Houzz!

At least on my browser, I can adjust the size of the thing more narrow so that those pictures are hidden.

o

Try Control +. It enlarges the screen and the side panel moves out of view. Plus everything is easier to read.

It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about, Suzi. I figured either you had gone off your nut or I had. (Huh? Is prawn the British name for some plant she's growing?) You keep us hopping.

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: If only sweat were irrigation...

o

yes, the shrimp make me want to barf as well. If we have to have these pictures, can you at least change them up once in awhile.

o

It's kind of like the movie, "Groundhog Day"....What's for dinner? Shrimp. What's for dinner? Shrimp. What's for dinner?. Shrimp....aargh. Diane

o

I am so lucky as to have developed selective perception.The ads are just a blur to me. I noticed the shrimps only yesterday when my husband came back from Bergen, Norway and we had a late orgy of the fresh shrimps he'd brought and a bottle of taxfree Alsace Riesling. I had to look for the kitchen ad as I hadn't seen it before. I use AdBlock for other advertisements.

o

I thought maybe I was the only one who didn't like looking at the shrimp. I like the antiques forum to see what people have and learn more about them.

o

At least the nauseating looking shrimp meal is gone. But I'm not sure that scrolling down farther to see "comfort food" is much of an improvement.

Does food always look so bad when it is photographed? Or is it just these particular photos?

Kate

o

i just enlarge my screen to get rid of them. An apple computer with the track pad, and it is a simple spreading two fingers to get it larger. yes, some are gross. the before and after face shots, and fat pill shots I hate, too. yuk! but, free. and I know I wouldn't pay for it. I have a few paid sites, and one, a famous cooking magazine, has made me so mad lately, as they are impossible to cancel, or edit your script. no more.

o

Hilarious!

On the cooking forum they are praising the shrimp and hissing at the picture of the garden compost.
Different tribes.........

o

Camps,

Hope you've digested your shrimps and have built up an appetite for your meatballs!
Nik

o

• Posted by zjw727 Coastal Oregon Zone (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 15, 14 at 12:16

Looking at those shrimp made me hungry. So I made étouffée...LOL.

o

I like the previous kitchen photo better than the current one but if some one wanted to give me either. I would not turn them down. :-)

o

After being affronted by those pesto-coated poop balls for days and days and days, I find myself longing for those prawns reposing on pasta that Companula found so offensive.

OMG, Gardenweb, bring back the prawns . . .

Please?

o

they are grim indeed.

It's true, the prawns (shrimp) seem almost appetising in comparison. Fortunately, my eye is pulled towards the compost pile and the stripey cardigan worn by the compost turner. A nice bit of colour harmony.

o

Aren't those puce meatballs with sauteed vegetables in the bottom pic? Yum...not!

o

haha, I think the current pics are the worst yet! Dead flowers and cold pizza.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 10, 14 at 20:20

Yeah, the dead flowers are really sad for a garden site. However, I do like the backgrounds that keep changing. Olympics this week!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here