Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

side screen pictures.....why?

User
10 years ago

It was, quite honestly, a nightmare which necessitated moving my screen across in order to avoid seeing the vomit-inducing shot of weirdly discoloured sprouts all over Xmas. Not much better now with pics of 6 sickly prawns and some oddly coloured rice....and whats with the peas?

Also, whoever Soibean is, I am fed up with her (unbelievably dull) kitchen and resent having to see it every time I go to GW.
Why are they doing this to us? Rubbish screen shots are as bad as adverts and these stay there for weeks!

Comments (19)

• mendocino_rose
    10 years ago

You know why. They're getting paid for the adverts. They probably need the money. I'm really sick of the shrimp too! I go to my computer early before breakfast so you can imagine.

• porkpal zone 9 Tx
    10 years ago

If they didn't pay, we would have to...

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    10 years ago

Those shrimp are really gross.

I have found the "most recent posts' thing very interesting--the home forums are much more active than the plant ones. I never even thought about the home forums. It explains Soibean's kitchen...must compete with Houzz!

At least on my browser, I can adjust the size of the thing more narrow so that those pictures are hidden.

• sherryocala
    10 years ago

Try Control +. It enlarges the screen and the side panel moves out of view. Plus everything is easier to read.

It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about, Suzi. I figured either you had gone off your nut or I had. (Huh? Is prawn the British name for some plant she's growing?) You keep us hopping.

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: If only sweat were irrigation...

• buford
    10 years ago

yes, the shrimp make me want to barf as well. If we have to have these pictures, can you at least change them up once in awhile.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

It's kind of like the movie, "Groundhog Day"....What's for dinner? Shrimp. What's for dinner? Shrimp. What's for dinner?. Shrimp....aargh. Diane

• mariannese
    10 years ago

I am so lucky as to have developed selective perception.The ads are just a blur to me. I noticed the shrimps only yesterday when my husband came back from Bergen, Norway and we had a late orgy of the fresh shrimps he'd brought and a bottle of taxfree Alsace Riesling. I had to look for the kitchen ad as I hadn't seen it before. I use AdBlock for other advertisements.

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

I thought maybe I was the only one who didn't like looking at the shrimp. I like the antiques forum to see what people have and learn more about them.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

At least the nauseating looking shrimp meal is gone. But I'm not sure that scrolling down farther to see "comfort food" is much of an improvement.

Does food always look so bad when it is photographed? Or is it just these particular photos?

Kate

• ilovemyroses
    10 years ago

i just enlarge my screen to get rid of them. An apple computer with the track pad, and it is a simple spreading two fingers to get it larger. yes, some are gross. the before and after face shots, and fat pill shots I hate, too. yuk! but, free. and I know I wouldn't pay for it. I have a few paid sites, and one, a famous cooking magazine, has made me so mad lately, as they are impossible to cancel, or edit your script. no more.

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Hilarious!

On the cooking forum they are praising the shrimp and hissing at the picture of the garden compost.
    Different tribes.........

• nikthegreek
    10 years ago

Camps,

Hope you've digested your shrimps and have built up an appetite for your meatballs!
    Nik

• zjw727
    10 years ago

Looking at those shrimp made me hungry. So I made étouffée...LOL.

• Kippy
    10 years ago

I like the previous kitchen photo better than the current one but if some one wanted to give me either. I would not turn them down. :-)

• jaxondel
    10 years ago

After being affronted by those pesto-coated poop balls for days and days and days, I find myself longing for those prawns reposing on pasta that Companula found so offensive.

OMG, Gardenweb, bring back the prawns . . .

Please?

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

they are grim indeed.

It's true, the prawns (shrimp) seem almost appetising in comparison. Fortunately, my eye is pulled towards the compost pile and the stripey cardigan worn by the compost turner. A nice bit of colour harmony.

• portlandmysteryrose
    10 years ago

Aren't those puce meatballs with sauteed vegetables in the bottom pic? Yum...not!

• chris209 (LI, NY Z7a)
    10 years ago

haha, I think the current pics are the worst yet! Dead flowers and cold pizza.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Yeah, the dead flowers are really sad for a garden site. However, I do like the backgrounds that keep changing. Olympics this week!