Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

Isabella Nabonannd

jacqueline9CA
9 years ago

OK, I want this rose (see the thread "Identify This"). HMF says that the only US nursery selling it is Angel Gardens, but AG says they are not.

Does anyone know if this rose is available anywhere in the US?

Jackie

Comments (11)

• humble5zone9atx
    9 years ago

I saw it on their import list.......I wonder why they no longer carry it, anyway I want one too.

• damask55linen
    9 years ago

If I hear one more story about finding the rare rose we all want for 2 bucks at Home Depot , I'll start putting artificial silk roses in the yard like my neighbors do.
    Sorry I don't have a lead for you but I do have a question;
    Looking up all the possible identities, I again saw Souvenir de Gilbert Nabonnand which is somewhat like Isabella.
    Some say SdGN is Clementina Carbonieri, some think not.
    Any ideas on the subject?
    Lately all the beautiful Nabonnands appeal to me.

• Marlorena
    9 years ago

..this may be of no use to you, or having done your research you're already aware of this, but just to put it out there....I sometimes look at the inventory kept by The Friends of Vintage Gardens, as it's just so fascinating... and notice that Vintage had this rose...so presumably it's still in their collection and is now tended to by those who have taken it over...

...have a word with them perhaps...?..otherwise, I hope you've managed to find a supplier though...
    best wishes....

• floridarosez9 Morgan
    9 years ago

I think I got it from Roses Unlimited, but I'll have to check my orders--if I can find where I put them.

• Kippy
    9 years ago

Jackie, Angel Gardens lists 4 Nabonnand roses but not available for purchase. I just figured they were babies from Vintage that are growing up and not ready for cuttings. I think I pulled the info from HMF so maybe they were roses from the import list that did not survive the process?

Isabella Nabonnad
    Comtesse Emmeline de Guigne (RVR also lists but out of stock)
    Madame Julie Lasseu
    Comtesse de Leusse

I would love these ones as well

Did you call?

• floridarosez9 Morgan
    9 years ago

Whoops, just found my order. Wrong Nabonnand.

• thonotorose
    9 years ago

Kippy, I too am hoping to find Madame Julie Lasseu somewhere, somehow...

Here is a link that might be useful: Deep pink or red.....noisette

• Kippy
    9 years ago

She is so pretty...... The Friends of Vintage Garden are having an open house in May and I would so love to drive up for it! Now to find a group of rose friends who want to take a trip.

• jerijen
    9 years ago

I believe Angel Gardens imported several roses on their own. At least, I THINK that's what she said.

It may be that some imports are not out of quarantine, and so have not been propagated.

Jeri

• jacqueline9CA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the tip - I will call Angel Gardens to see if they may have it in the future.

Jackie

• Vicissitudezz
    9 years ago

I've had Mme Julie Lasseu on a wish list with AG for a while now... gosh that's a lovely rose! Maybe someday...

I'm also impressed by the HMF photos of 'Isabelle Nabonnand', so even if it isn't the jaw-dropper in the 'ID This' thread, I would still buy it. If I could find a source, that is. It's also on my AG wish list.

The Angel Gardens web site says that both roses were 2011 imports that had to go through 2 years of quarantine. Perhaps they didn't survive that period, but I'm guessing the plants aren't yet large enough to yield many cuttings?

Virginia