Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Autumn damask - best place to order

Posted by susanswoods Z6 VA (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 31, 12 at 19:25

I can squeeze one more rose into the pink and white bed in my front yard. I'm leaning towards AD but have seen wildly different colors on various nursery sites. Pickering and Heirloom seem to have deep cherry colored ones. Other places have medium pink. I only grow things on their own roots and am on the east coast so give preference to nurseries east of the Mississippi.

Thanks,
Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Autumn damask - best place to order

How about the Antique Rose Emporium? I highly recommend them. Plants are on their own roots, big (come in 2-gallon pots), and very healthy. ARE's Autumn Damask is pink.

Melissa
Tessie@sonic.net

Here is a link that might be useful: Autumn Damask at ARE

o
RE: Autumn damask - best place to order

Heirloom's and Pickering's version is indeed different from others. Assuming that the story is correct that 'Quatre Saisons Blanc Mousseux'(Perpetual White Moss) is a sport of the "real" Autumn Damask, then it must be the paler pink one that everyone else sells that is the real thing, since it is the paler one that does produce that sport occasionally (nice photo of it on helpmefind.com, under 'Quatre Saisons Blanc Mousseux'. Or use the link below for a photo I took of the sport at Mottisfont Abbey.) The deeper pink rose is a beautiful thing in its own right, but definitely different.

Here is a link that might be useful: Perpetual White Moss Sporting on Autumn Damask

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here