Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19771673

More More More Part 2

User
15 years ago

A favorite fragrance and form or I should say forms SDLM stays about 5tall by 4 wide in our Garden as does my Kron Princessin Viktoria it's white sport right next to it. HSDLM is always 1 of my favorite subjects and fragrances it's not a shy small bush in our garden it stays about 5ft tall by about 4 wide. 2 views the 2nd reminds me of taffeta.

{{gwi:226442}}
I love this second shot it almost looked like taffeta!

{{gwi:226443}}
Sweet little Austin Pretty Jessica nice fragrance never has gotten any bigger that 2 ft over 3 years and is never always as pretty as this but worth it.

{{gwi:226444}}

One of the early bloomers in Spring Agnes at Brooklyn Botanical Gardens

{{gwi:226445}}
Alice Vena this rose is a beauty but seems to be burning as fast as it opens every year I see it.

{{gwi:226446}}

Blush Moss

{{gwi:226447}}

Mrs Herbert Stevens

{{gwi:226448}}

Lucy Bertram

{{gwi:226451}}
I got this from Ashdowns about5 years ago it's has some BS problems but great beauty and fragrance Catherine Guillot. {{gwi:226452}}
In this cold cold I can't wait to walk thru the flowering cherries up in The Bronx.

{{gwi:226453}}

Some shots from last Spring up in The Bronx

Here is a link that might be useful: SPRING NY BOTANICAL GARDENS

Comments (22)

• jerijen
    15 years ago

80+ here during the day. About 70 tonight.
    Wind is screaming like a dozen banshees.

It's lovely to see such peaceful things.
    Thank you.

Jeri

• gnabonnand
    15 years ago

Joe, these are great photos.
    And your Pretty Jessica is a real looker. Did you mean it's "always" as pretty as this, or "never" as pretty as this?

Thanks,
    Randy

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

you got me not always

• melissa_thefarm
    15 years ago

Oh how beautiful. Thanks for posting!

Melissa

• patricianat
    15 years ago

Beautiful and makes me nostalgic for the days of cherry blossoms, taffeta dresses, piano recitals, speaking French while dreading the tests ahead, including trying to get into the taffeta dress with the 22-inch waist from last spring which might become a pleasant memory and nothing more.

• mauirose
    15 years ago

Agnes is perfect.

• inga007
    15 years ago

Lovely, thank you.
    I hope others will follow and post some of their blossoms too.
    Inga

• mendocino_rose
    15 years ago

I can see that you just can't wait for spring! Beautiful photos. Thanks.

• pandy
    15 years ago

Great photos. You remind me why I keep wanting Pretty Jessica. However, gotta say those cherry trees are incredible!!

Mari

• knightofroses
    15 years ago

Catherine Guillot is looking like a temptress that wants me to find her for my own pleasure. Your description of Pretty Jessica not always being pretty leaves me baffled, as I was looking forward to getting her, because everyone considers her a gem on this site, now I am all lost about her because of that one comment(lol). Thank you for these photos to cheer up the morn.

Chance

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    15 years ago

Joe,
    Great pictures as always. We are determined to visit NY again and see "your" garden.

SdlM

{{gwi:213843}}

Harry

• jim_east_coast_zn7
    15 years ago

Joe,
    Happy New Year; your pictures are beautiful as always. Agnes really got to me. Was with a friend the other night at the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens' Festival of Lights and I was telling him about my rose forum friend who takes the most beautiful, loving pictures of NYC and we have been after him to create a book of it for years. When I move back to NY watch out; my many siblings didn't call me "The Colonel" for nothing! LOL
    Thanks for this breath of lovely things to come; helps lift away the winter doldrums.
    Jim

• sunnysideuphill
    15 years ago

Is Agnes a rugosa? Fragrant? Rebloom? I love your picture of her...

• patricianat
    15 years ago

I am not Joe but yes, Agnes is a rugosa. I think it was either Paul or John who posted her here years ago and she was so beautiful, just took my breath away. Oh, to be able to grow rugosas without the associated problems of growing roses in Bugville located only a few feet away from Fungusville.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Agnes has a great spring flush but I've rarely seen much or any rebloom. The shade is from yellow to that yellow white to an almost beeswax!

• olga_6b
    15 years ago

Thank you, Joe. I am glad you posted it here. Somehow I visit here much more often then gallery. Beautiful pictures.
    Olga

• sunnysideuphill
    15 years ago

ok, so this is why that Ashdown layaway is such a dangerous thing....

• luanne
    15 years ago

It was Paul and it was phantasmagorical to say the least as is
    Joe's picture of Bronx blossoms. I also long for Spring.
    la

• carolfm
    15 years ago

Oh, you made me hungry for the sight of new green growth, the scent of a rose and for my Cherry trees to bloom. Joseph, these are wonderful and so good for my winter weary soul :-)

Carol

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

Joe thanks so much for these lovely pictures---I especially love the Bronx pictures be it summer or winter. I often wonder if my grandmom walked in these areas---I have some Bronx addresses--perhaps you are familiar with them--

The blossoms are wonderful
    Florence

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

Lovely pictures of Blush Moss and of course, the cherry trees. I always admire the lighting in your photographs; it's just beautiful.

• duchesse_nalabama
    15 years ago

Those cherry trees are so beautiful, Joe. Thank you for all the pics.