Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosaprimula

we saw the sun and celebrated

Campanula UK Z8
10 years ago

a glorious sunny winter's day at the woods - we didn't get anything done because my girls arrived (daughter and grand-daughter) but our hearts are uplifted and spirits renewed.......also the first bluebell leaves were poking through the leaf litter. A playday rather than a workday since both of the boys had failed to show up to get on with wood-stacking(one out partying, the other off in some odd universe of his own invention)

Comments (11)

• Campanula UK Z8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and this is some of the wood we should be cutting and stacking

• Campanula UK Z8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Still, we did have some help.....

• jacqueline9CA
    10 years ago

Your grand-daughter is darling! Looks as if she is going to take after you.

So glad you had sun - we had our first real rain since Sept., so joyous all around. I do have vague ancient memories of getting sick of the rain, but right now I would take several months of it in a row happily.

Jackie

• jacqueline9CA
    10 years ago

Your grand-daughter is darling! Looks as if she is going to take after you.

So glad you had sun - we had our first real rain since Sept., so joyous all around. I do have vague ancient memories of getting sick of the rain, but right now I would take several months of it in a row happily.

Jackie

• mendocino_rose
    10 years ago

What a cute little lumberjack.
    Here we saw the rain and cheered.

• melissa_thefarm
    10 years ago

Congratulations on your beautiful day; I'm sure it's incredibly welcome after the winter you've been having!
    The sun is forecast to show up here around Saturday. Since striding along in the middle of fog and drizzle is less depressing than staying indoors looking out at them, I donned my rubber boots and grabbed an umbrella and went for a long hike today. I do in fact feel the better for my excursion, but some sun certainly will be welcome. We haven't seen any since Monday a week ago, and the weather is deeply gloomy.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

I'm so glad you had sun, camp, since I'd read that a gigantic storm was heading toward England and was worried about you. Great pictures, by the way.

Ingrid

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

camp, it was great news to hear that you saw the sun. Enjoy it while it lasts. We saw 6" of snow here in nyc.

Your girls are both lovely. Please post more pics of them with your roses come spring.

• portlandmysteryrose
    10 years ago

Great photos, Campanula. We must be sharing the same season. Bluebells emerging here, too.

Oooo, I see toy power tools in my daughter's future! :-)

Carol

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    10 years ago

Your first photo made me think: Oh my gosh, Camp captured some children! LOL. Love the photos of your woods (and family) in winter - although it looks like spring to my eyes. So tired from dealing with too much snow on the roof, ice dams and water coming in the house. I'd love a walk through the leaf litter and to see new tiny green plants poking their noses out into the air. For that, I'd even help stack firewood! :-)
    Looks like you had a lovely day.

• cath41
    10 years ago

It IS good to hear you have sun and to see happy family members. The last report was rising water at the door.

It is almost impossible to remember sun and warmth and green growing things now. It has been cold, snowy and overcast for so long. But a gardener is nothing if not optimistic and so I wait...and order plants. It is as bad as going to the grocery store hungry.

Cath

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES