Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roseberri

Cabin Fever

roseberri, z6
10 years ago

Have had a bad year, used post here a little and got lots of good advice on roses. Things aren't perfect but I enjoy my garden and miss it today

Comments (11)

• roseberri, z6
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The previous picture is of Colette, and if I can get it to work this is a picture of Violette.

• plantloverkat north Houston - 9a
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting your photos, roseberri - they are really lovely. I especially like Violette since I planted a band sized plant in the fall. I hope mine looks as pretty as yours some day. Yours looks great on the white picket fence with the foxglove. Are those dianthus on the far left side of your photo?

• lesmc
    10 years ago

What a beautiful garden. The colors are so vibrant! I can certainly see why you miss it! This winter seems to be a challenge for us in KY. Lots of snow and cold. Your pictures are a delight. Lesley

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I'm enjoying your roses on this cold winter day. Thanks for sharing.

You might want to join some of us over on the Rose Gallery--we post lots of pics to get us through the cold months! You are welcome to join in. : )

Kate

• portlandmysteryrose
    10 years ago

Hang in there. Spring will come. Lovely photos! Your garden is charming! You've given me picket fence envy. Nothing quite like a picket fence with roses. Thank you for boosting my spirits. We had a beautiful gardening kind of day in PDX yesterday. Unfortunately, I had to take care of other business. Now we're back to highs in the 30s. Grrr. Carol

• roseberri, z6
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thankyou everyone for your kind thoughts! You have lifted my spirits,
    Plantloverkat, yes those are Dianthus,
    And thanks Dublin for reminding me about the Gallery!
    I am going to start some seeds to get me through February!
    roseberri

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

roseberri, both roses look beautiful, but I think Colette is especially lovely. It must be a showstopper when it's a large plant and in full bloom.

• roseberri, z6
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Ingrid,
    My Colette never gets real big, I have had it for many years and we used to get very cold winters like this one so that probably is part of it. That and I didn't know a lot when I first got it! Garden web and everyone here have taught me a lot.this picture shows about how tall it gets

• Campanula UK Z8
    10 years ago

mmmmm, seeds, good idea. All that hope and potential- priceless when the summer feels like it was just a fantasy.
    Mind, I expect your pics of your lovely garden will go some way to keeping your spirits up. This was my first year with a camera and I find myself going back to last May.....July....September....in disbelief.
    I love your Violette - I did a cutting of this last year and am now really looking forward to its first blooms. Are they toadflax (linaria purpurea) in front - the purple and pink spikes.

• Krista_5NY
    10 years ago

How beautiful, I love the colors. Your pics remind me of warm summer, really looking forward to that after the winter we've had.

• roseberri, z6
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm glad you like my pictures! I love my little power shot camera and if I'm careful, you can't see the weeds and grass that needs cutting!
    yes campanula that is toadflax that I started from seed and it has spread itself everywhere for about 15-20 years now! Good thing it is so pretty. The Violette is about 3 years old, my DH built the pickett garden for me in 2009,and I got that rose 1or 2 years after.
    roseberri