Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
violetgrey

hyacinth & roses & a debutante

ms. violet grey
10 years ago

I would love to know the name of this hyacinth please!
I bought 4 this morning. May return for more!
I created a row behind Jude The Obscure, Sharifa Asma, & Abraham Darby.

Comments (10)

• ms. violet grey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am receiving Lagerfeld this week from Rogue.
    It is named after the eccentric designer Karl Lagerfeld. Head designer and Creative Director of The House of Chanel. I love lavender roses. Don't you?

• ms. violet grey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Saturday, I came home with a Camellia 'Debutante'. It is very beautiful. This is my first Camellia. I think it will look fabulous in an antique rose garden setting. So now, I'm researching about Camellias on Google.
    It has tons of blooms. Monrovia.

• ms. violet grey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My Camellia 'Debutante'

This post was edited by mauvegirl8 on Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 14:43

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

I love your enthusiasm! Unless it was marked, or someone where you bought it knows, I don't think you'll be able to ID the hyacinth. Your camellia is beautiful and should look lovely with the roses!

• cath41
    10 years ago

It looks like it could possibly be 'Blue Jacket'. Check Google Images under that name once the flower opens. You will be more likely to ID it then.

Cath

• ms. violet grey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The hyacinths are more of a wine color not blue nor grape.
    Unlabeled from Home Depot $1.98

• cath41
    10 years ago

Woodstock? Peter Stuvyesant?

Cath

• portlandmysteryrose
    10 years ago

Mauvegirl, your garden choices are so lovely. I, too, love Camellias and roses--staggered bloom time and old fashioned gorgeousness! There are quite a few hyacinths which might be yours. Is the grower's name on the Home Depot tag? Maybe post a full bloom pic? I'll bet it's got a delicious scent! Mmmmmm!! Our camellias in PDX are a soggy mess right now. The sky is dumping rain. Carol

• ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
    10 years ago

There are two Debutantes off a stairwell at my parent's house that have been there since I can remember and are lovely right now. It is a beautiful Camellia.

She has two 'High Fragrance' offset with two 'Kramer's Supreme' in a shady row along the back wall behind a lovely multitrunk Birch underplanted with Lilies, Dicentra, Heuchera, Hellebore, Azaleas, Fuschias, Ferns, and recently planted Lily of the Valley.

I'm drawn to most flowering shrubs and Camellias are no exception. The shady portion of the front has a gorgeous red I couldn't identify, but she got it and several Nuccio's Gem from Nuccio's in Alta Dena when I was little. They have been gorgeous lately. We've been getting into Abutilon of late as well. They've done fantastically here.

This is from the smallest 'High Fragrance' which indeed has a pleasant bouquet:

Jay

• ms. violet grey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lagerfeld was delivered today.
    I am very impressed with the size of the band.
    It is enjoying a little evening rain.