Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ogrose_tx

Campanula

ogrose_tx
12 years ago

How are you faring in your freezing weather? Staying warm, I hope!

Let us hear from you...

Comments (3)

• User
    12 years ago

Hiya, yep, getting nippy here now. No work for jobbing gardeners so I am idling about the house getting ever so slightly out of control. My son came round and just mentioned checking out Hyde's lilies.....and before we know it, we are on the website pressing 'add to basket' (pearl lilies and some little red L.pumilum....to add to the earlier order of pink cernuum and dark NightFlyers). Then there are the dahlias - ordered orchid dahlias (Julie Jescot). Waiting on my seed orders.....in fact, I am basically twiddling my fingers while the orders stack up and the backlog of stuff to do grows mountainous. My daughter is nagging me to start a blog (despite my obvious camera failings)and my bank is sending me worrisome letters waffling on about overdraft fees. So I am spending a lot of time in limbo (and pyjamas), drinking tea, smoking furiously, eating biscuits and taking solace in snowdrops (at least the half a dozen left after last years garden overhaul). Also trying to ignore the brilliant red stems of the expensively failing acer Sango Kaku. But hey, life is still good despite the overcrowded and noisy house (I am currently on granny duty so this post will be ending any moment) and February is a short month. Thank you for the asking, Ogrose, and am sending transatlantic thoughwaves across the waters in your direction, even as I type.

• sherryocala
    12 years ago

Yes, being out in the garden is definitely a moneysaver. How long is this cold supposed to go on, Campanula? A quickie, I hope.

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: If only sweat were irrigation...

• User
    12 years ago

urk! -12C! This, in England, is bad - we are totally useless as a nation with rubbish road workings, single glazed houses and drafty doors. Still, at least I have a roof over my head, unlike the poor soul found dead in the doorway of the local church last night....and the bloody so-called christians were more concerned about the mother and baby group having to step over a body - how inconsiderate some of these homeless people are. Am signing on to help with the local soup run, ironically run by another christian group so I guess there is good and bad everywhere.