Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking For Late Bloomers

Posted by Susanne27 5a Ontario Canada (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 15:26

In your experience in the colder regions, which of the once blooming old roses bloom late? I am thinking mid summer - around mid July. I would like to have some of these fragrant old beauties but want to avoid chafer season which is about mid June to mid July.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking For Late Bloomers

Not an old rose but once blooming, Raubritter. It's one of the latest in bloom. Among the old European roses Agathe Incarnata starts later than its gallica neighbours. Ispahan flowers for a longer time than most old roses, up to 7 weeks in a good year. Please be aware that I am in Sweden where summers are not so hot as in Ontario.

o

Have a look at Baltimore Belle or any other setigera hybrids.....

o

Yes, setigera and its hybrids. They generally start here around the second week of July, and run for at least 3 weeks after that.

o

Walsh ramblers, if you have the room.

o

Thank you for the suggestions. I looked up these roses and they are beautiful.

Sue

o

My last rose to bloom is usually American Pillar, second to that is Madame Hardy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here