Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unable to contact Vintage?

Posted by aimeekitty 9-10, SW 18 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 18:18

Hey guys� so I know Vintage is going out of business and all but both email addresses I tried bounced, and I've left two messages on the phone number listed on their website with no reply or person picking up.

I have an order from 4/13 last year that was never sent to me (supposedly to be shipped the same month..)
and then my french import order from 2011 which kept being changed to some other substitute hasn't come to me either. I don't mind being patient and I like to support rose nurseries carrying awesome older roses, but I'm worried at this point that I won't get any of the roses from either orders.

Any suggestions or other ways to contact them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unable to contact Vintage?

AimeeKitty, I see this message on the Vintage website:

From the end of December through late March of 2014 our office will be closed, although we will answer emails and phone messages to assist you with orders scheduled for 2014.

I don't think anyone is there these days, though I do believe someone checks the phone from time to time, perhaps weekly, though "weekly" is just me guessing.

I'm not sure about the emails bouncing. That does sound odd. Perhaps it is as simple as the mailbox being full. What email address are you using?

Folly

o

I'd really like to get my roses now as opposed to "late march" or even later, as our climate here is pretty warm. I typically plant in jan or feb even… *____*
Also I'm just tired of waiting for years for them to send them to me and it makes me worried.

I tried gitaATvintagegardens.com and infoATvintagegardens.com

o

Aimee, try them again. I sent a test message and they did not bounce back. I'm thinking you ran into a temporary glitch.

I don't think they are doing any shipping at all right now, though, with the office shut down. In any case, I do not plant such small roses upon receiving them. I pot them up for a month or two or three, then plant them.

Folly

o

Aimee, I got my import roses some months ago so I'm surprised you don't have yours yet. In looking at my notes I see they were shipped in October of last year because I wanted them to put on some growth before the warm spring weather. Of course it's 80 degrees today! I hope things work out for you; I'd be extremely frustrated too.

Ingrid

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here