Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kippy_the_hippy

OT Odd Question for My Pink Rose Loving Friends

Kippy
10 years ago

I have an off topic question for my Pink Rose loving friends.

Have any of you painted a room in a pink tone that remind you of a rose in your garden? If so, what color (brand) did you pick?

I am working on fixing up the workshop side of the old garages. The garages have been a wreck for decades and if not for set back issues, they really should have been torn down. But I am pretty close to having the whole mess fixed and usable again.

But since it is a girls shop now, I want to paint one wall pink. A serious but fun shade, not too dark. My guy is going to laugh when he sees it so I have to get that wall painted in the next week or two.

Any color you liked?

Comments (8)

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

I saw a very beautiful boutique with a light pink and pale pink striped wall. I liked it better than a solid pink. Pale ivory and soft blue were the accents.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

This is fun--I'm a pinkaholic. My bedroom walls are a pale pink in a muted blued tone versus a pink with more yellow in it, and white moldings. My rose and peony bouquets go nicely with this muted background. Here's a photo of a bouquet of mainly Sarah Bernhardt (pale pink) peonies with one huge Evelyn and a smaller one, front and center (I remember this being the largest Evelyn I have ever grown--it put the peonies to shame). Don't you love the unmade bed, pink sheets, no less, next to the table? Diane
    I have to confess that outdoors in the flower beds, purple is the queen of colors, rather than pink.

• Kippy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Love those two ideas!

I was going to paint the 2x4's white and the back side of the vintage siding the pink. I think it should be a bit deeper of a shade than Nana (but I would totally do that color in the bed room...lol)

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Look at Mamie Eisenhower's rooms sometime. She loved pink. Funny to think of Pres. Eisenhower living in that pink bedroom.

• lori_elf z6b MD
    10 years ago

I have a bathroom which was remodeled years ago in a Kohler color "Wild Rose", now discontinued, but it is a dusky mauve color I still love. I painted the walls of my bathroom a light gray shade that coordinates with the cool pink, wall tiles are a medium gray, and a dark cranberry accent for rug, towels, and trash can.

So yeah go for it! Just don't mix warm pinks with cool pinks -- stick to either one with your walls and coordinating color accents. I'd probably go a with a lighter shade of pink for walls to not darken the room though, a little color goes a long way with walls, and then pick up the pink with accent colors. I love how you can blend different shades of pinks as long as they are in the same family.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

I had a pale pink bedroom with green and white accents for years! I like the stripe idea or the white studs. It will add some contrast to make the pink stand out! Get some sample paints and do some swatches on the walls to see how the colors look at different times of the day and with different lighting. The last thing you want is for them to turn to Pepto Bismal in the wrong light, lol!

• Kippy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My reply vanished in the android pad attempt to post.....

But years ago mom and I planned to paint the bathroom. The vintage beadboard in white and the walls in a pale golden tone. Dad said "Pink! They use pink on the walls in institutions to calm the troubled minds" So I bought him the paint chip samples to pick his pink.....and boy did he pick a pink! Pepto Bismal. The white was banished as too hard to clean and was painted that horrible pink. He saw it and said it was too pink and let me paint the upper half and ceiling a very pale (in comparison) shade of pink. But all these years later that pink bathroom still glows.

I do not want to use that shade of pink! And yes the bathroom is on the list of things to update.

I looked at some paint chip samples at HD and think I will use the one I linked. I like the darker shades and figure using the lighter one will end up looking much darker.

I wonder if I should "be-jewel" the tool peg board :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Maybe?

• rosylady
    10 years ago

I wanted to paint my newly remodeled dining room in a shade of pink. It faces west, and I wanted to be enveloped in a rosy glow during dinner:)

I finally settled on a color called Antique Coral by Benjamin Moore. It has enough orange to not be Pepto-like, but still reads most definitely pink. It truly is a color that glows, and reminds me of my favourite luminous roses in the garden.

At first my family and friends thought it was a wacky idea, but now that the room is decorated they love it!

Also, the Martha Stewart line of paints at Home Depot has a lot of truly beautiful rosy, coral, and pink shades. Check it out.

And, pink is one of those colors that intensifies up on the wall, so choose a shade lighter than you think you want.

You can see a color swatch of Ben Moore Antique Coral on Pinterest.