Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A little garden humor for the cold weather

Posted by JoshTx 8a (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 7, 14 at 22:00

It's been blustery and snowy for way too long, so I thought this photo perfectly captured the way I feel!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A little garden humor for the cold weather

Lolz

o

Boy isn't that the truth. Here it's rain and sunlessness. At least if and when the sky does finally clear, we ought to find ourselves well on the way to spring. I sure would love a run of dry weather and blue skies.

o

Love it!! We don't have that problem here in winter but I feel that way during our long hot summers!

o

So true and so funny. One year when it seemed to never stop raining I had to just go out and get something done.

o

Hilarious! The sun hat and sleeveless top are certainly a triumph of wishful thinking over reason. Like jaspermplants, I often get that feeling during the summer (before chickening out and waiting for dusk before venturing outside).

Ingrid

o

Made me smile!

o

Thanks for the humor, Josh! Portland is a mirror image of northern TX! My sis and I have been exchanging photos. Kim's DFLED 3 which Christopher so carefully packed and sent seems to be coping. The poor little thing is hunkered down in my potted driveway nursery (last photo). I didn't have a chance to prepare any plants for the arctic blast. Fingers crossed! Carol

o

DFLED 3 and others. Brr!

o

Carol,

In a way, I am so glad you posted a picture of your pots! Here I was worrying and fretting over my roses in pots that got a little chilly. It's good to know that with their leaves still on and just a little winter dieback, they'll come through the winter just fine.

Josh

o

Lol. I actually did some pruning and put down mulch. I can't wait any longer! I hope to finish the backyard tomorrow.

o

Josh,

That WAS funny. We have everything but the lady.

Cath

o

Thank you, that made me smile!! I know exactly how she feels and am sorely tempted to join her, but I will dress a it warmer :-)

Grace e

o

• Posted by Evenie 9b - New Orleans (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 9, 14 at 15:37

Whatever that woman is on, I'll take two please.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here