Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mendocino_rose

Anne Belovich's Garden

mendocino_rose
10 years ago

For those of you who have been reading about Anne's rambler collection here is a link to a lovely montage of her garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses in the Air

Comments (18)

• zjw727
    10 years ago

What gorgeous pictures, so elegant and simple. The Barbier pergola is especially stunning, along with Russeliana and that incredible Paul's Himalayan Musk. Inspiring!

• rosefolly
    10 years ago

What a lovely collection of pictures! Thank you for posting that, Mendocino Rose.

Folly

• User
    10 years ago

Beautiful. Just the cultivated but wild/naturalistic look I would love to have for my own garden. Although I don't have the space for even one rambler, I am happy to live vicariously once in a while. Comparing to these roses, my "well-behaved" "moderns" look like wimps/plastic/done.. :) Thanks for the link!

• vasue VA
    10 years ago

Enchanting...thank you!

• chris209 (LI, NY Z7a)
    10 years ago

Absolutely lovely. I like those metal tripods. Do you think she had them custom made?

• mendocino_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chris, I think Anne and her husband built all the rose supports.

• ratdogheads z5b NH
    10 years ago

Breathtaking! Thank you for sharing.

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing! Makes getting a rose from her list more special.

Chris, bet you could make similar tripods of electrical conduit by drilling a hole through the top and cinching them with a wire by sinking the posts in the ground they would be very stable too. A nice coat of paint would make the metal disappear as well.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

Thanks, Pam. What a gorgeous and romantic garden. A unique garden in its beautiful use of ramblers.

Ingrid

• sidos_house
    10 years ago

Thank you, Pam.

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Is there a list of what all she grew there? Or just the list that Vintage has?

Thank you for the link, I saved it

• fogrose
    10 years ago

Pamela, thank you so much for the link. Anne's garden, like yours, is beyond words.

Diane

• mendocino_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have a list of Anne's ramblers but it's on paper and all written on. Perhaps I could get another copy. She actually has more coming from Europe.

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    10 years ago

Heavenly! Seems such a spiritual place....Thank you for sharing it.
    Susan

• bellarosa
    10 years ago

So beautiful. There's a lot of love in that garden! I don't have any ramblers, but I'll have to look into getting at least one after seeing this beautiful garden. This slideshow really brightened my day - it's cold and overcast over here. Thanks for sharing!

• mendocino_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

"There's a lot of love in that garden" That's what I always want people to say of my own garden. It's so true of Anne's.
    There is something inspiring about the profusion of ramblers, something about looking up to to their beauty. I'm sorry that I don't know more about cold hardiness.

• paparoseman
    10 years ago

Little known fact. Ann designed that house herself and she along with her husband Max BUILT the house themselves except for the roofing. They decided they did not want to be walking around laying all of those shingles. The property was a wild mess of trees and wilderness when they bought it. They cleared off a bunch of the trees to open up the area for more sunlight but picked out certain trees over the entire property to get a nice garden feel when whatever they planted started growing. They put in the split rail fence and Ann started thinking what can I plant there. She had always thought that she might want a rambler or two some day and she realized that a fence surrounding five acres is plenty of space for a lot of ramblers.

• PRO
    Hummingbird Roses
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I am smiling.....:0)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting