10 years ago

Spent blooms

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Looks like mine.

Kate

• bluegirl_gw
    10 years ago

Sure looks like mine--perfect little scrolled pink buds that open into raggedy flowers--& lots of them.

• rosefolly
    10 years ago

Sure does look like it.

I liked the use of the key for scale. Clever. Even witty.

Folly

• jacqueline9CA
    10 years ago

Yes it is. Where did you find this one? Just curious.

Jackie

• harborrose_pnw
    10 years ago

Pretty thing, Kippy.

• jerijen
    10 years ago

Sure is. In your area??

Jeri

• portlandmysteryrose
    10 years ago

I'd say definitely yes.

• roseseek
    10 years ago

It looks right to me, Kippy. Kim

• Kippy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the help!

This is the same rose I found when searching for the rose that Jeri remembered on the Franceschi Mansion (Park) grounds. I thought I would go back earlier in the season in case I had missed the antique Franceschi Rose that Jeri said grew high up in the tress. The trees are still cleared of vines with no sign of regrowth from the old rose sadly. Guessing the crew sent to clean up the park helped the trees by removing the vine.

This rose was planted on a neighbors side of the fence but it was growing up a tree. I had thought it was CB before but had missed the spring flush.

The very very thorny suckering low rose is not in bloom yet (might not bloom at all since it looks like they hedge trimmed it recently) Maybe the old rose will rise from the "ashes" after a good rainy season. But no sign of it now.

I use a key pretty regularly to show scale for apartment things regularly since we can easily get an idea of size since it is such a common item to carry. (not a key to my house or pass key-just a key to an empty store room...lol)

• jerijen
    10 years ago

Kippy -- as of a few years back, there was still a bush form Mlle. growing out in the terrace, overlooking the sea.

Whether it was contemporary to Franchesci or not, I have not been able to determine.

The People I talked to, I think, regarded me as a carpetbagger, I think, being up from Ventura Co. :-)

• Kippy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeri

I went back this morning while killing time, I can see there must have been a fabulous rose on that terrace. The root stump was about 12" x 15". And they had neatly cut every cane as close to flush with it as possible. No sign of life left in it. But who knows, since they have yet to dig it out, if it gets some water next winter maybe it will return.