Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
in my garden right now

Posted by poorbutroserich Nashville (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 12:24

Hello. I'm attaching a photo of my cutting ghetto of HTs. This is behind my garage. On the left you can see my HPs past the AC and some of the stuff I wintersowed.
If you look to the left of the lovely brick-0-blocks you can see gallon pots of stuff I got half price last fall and overwintered.
Lots of Palace Purple, Cranesbills, Tickseed, Phlox, Nepeta, Thyme...
In the foreground left is my new fan trellis...going to send Msr. Paul Lede up that one. In the foreground to the right is one of three small cherry trees I have.
I have some other photos I will put on photobucket and share the link.
New Austins on multiflora are in the foreground too. Golden Celebration, Charlotte, Tamora, Munstead Wood.
Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: in my garden right now

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 12:42

Looks full of new life, Susan! Good for you!

o

Oh, yes, full of life and promise! Would love to see pictures when everything is blooming, too.

o

I can see a lot of work done and a lot more to come. I know you will enjoy yourself and have a lovely garden.

o

Spring is such a grand time, Susan. Sounds like everything fared well through your winter? Gean

o

Yes, it's definitely amazing to watch everything come to life from what were only dead brown sticks two days ago...2 days of rain and weather in the 60s always brings about the blooms.
Gean, I was surprised at how well most of my roses did. One Safrano had to be cut way back. Most of the 2Gs I got from ARE in October died or had to be cut way back. I think I've lost Cramoisi Superieur....Lady Hillingdon went...
I'm just plunging ahead.
How about your gardens?
Susan

o

Looks like a lot of magic is in the works.

o

Boy I sure hope so! I wish I were this passionate cleaning house and exercising!
Will post more when I get blooms.
Thanks!
Susan

o

You've got a great location for your pot nursery. Mine rambles along my driveway. Fingers crossed for tender beauties! Carol

o

Thanks! I got lucky with that spot! Mine were all in my driveway last year (and likely that's where the once bloomers shall return after their show).
Susan

o

hi, Susan,
Plunging ahead is exactly right.

My only casualty was the tea rose, Devoniensis, which I cut back after the top died. It is now coming back from the roots for the second time - it "died" once before a couple of years ago. Gotta love that rose, even if it may never get more than 8 inches high. I may dig it up and put it into a pot in the greenhouse. I think it would be happier there. Did I tell you I got a greenhouse! Just a little one, but boy, it's great having a warm spot.

The dianthus and cornflower seeds you sent I wintersowed and they're going gangbusters! Thank you for them. :) Gean

This post was edited by harborrose on Thu, Apr 3, 14 at 11:10

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here