Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In Praise of Australian Tea Rose Book

Posted by jerome z9 CA (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 6, 10 at 16:05

I recently received a gift copy of the book on Tea roses that came out from Australia. It is simply fantastic. Every page is a delight visually and the text is informative and well-written: a goldmine of a book. I'd bought myself a copy when it first came out, but then gave it to a friend, and never really had a chance to look through it. Now that I've had it a few days, I am just amazed at how fine it is.

Jerome

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In Praise of Australian Tea Rose Book

Probably one of the best things EVER for us warm-climate folks. We needed it for SO long, but the reward was worth the wait.

Jeri

o

Absolutely!!!

Sherry

o

I too love that book - it was so amazing to read a book that didn't have an entire chapter devoted to "winter protection"! I most loved the story about how in Australia Comtesse de la Barthe (AKA Duchesse de Brabant) was changed locally into Countess Bertha!

I have one, and I have given away at least 4 to gardening friends of mine around here who don't grow roses because they are "too much work & too fussy".

Jackie

o

I love that book, too. In fact, I made arrangements with the librarian who purchases gardening books at a nearby library to donate a copy to their collection. I wanted it to be available to everyone.

Rosefolly

o
RE: In Praise of Australian Tea Rose Book - P.S.

I just looked it up in their catalog and it is checked out right now :-)

o

Doesn't that make you feel good? :-)

Jeri

o

I assume you are all talking about Tea Roses: Old Roses for Warm Climates by Lynn Chapman, et al. If so, it's on my wish list. I've spent my budget already on plants for the spring, a new sprayer, new pruners etc. I'm going to have to wait on the book. Glad to hear it's worth waiting for.

o

I've wanted that book since the day it came out. sigh.

Lux.

o

It is indeed a wonderful book -- well written, beautifully illlustrated, very interesting, most informative . . .

But there are so many MORE Teas to learn about . . . I'm greedy enough to hope that there'll be (at the very least) a Vol. II!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here