Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynn2112

What Makes Your Heart Go Pitter Patter???

White Pet is in bloom, and the perennial companion for this rose is French Lavender. I love this Little White Pet! I find it to be very graceful, and with French Lavender, it just looks so appropriate to me as part of a garden with old roses. Right now, this little petite rose makes my heart go pitter patter.

I love, love, love meandering or even straight walkways lined with nodding roses and other plants. Mme. Joseph Schwartz is the rose that is making my heart go pitter patter along the walkway.

Deep dark red roses like Souvenier du Docteur Jamain, Astrid Grafin Von Hardenberg, Munstead Wood, The Prince, to me, scream passion�.While I only own AGvH and The Prince, they all have made my heart go pitter patter at some point.

What has or continues to make your heart go pitter patter?

Lynn

This post was edited by desertgarden561 on Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 0:08

Comments (11)

• User
    10 years ago

I have White Pet, and it is a nice one. When the conditions are just right the fragrance wafts all over the place.

I usually get more excited by seeing a new rose bloom for the first time. I got Grandmother's Hat last year as a band and potted it up to a gallon. It's now making it's first buds on some new spring growth. I love the anticipation.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

Stepping out the door and seeing hills and valleys and nature all around me has never lost its magic. It's one of the great joys of my life.

When the garden seems to be as close to perfection as it ever could be, and to look around in wonder and disbelief that I could have had a part in creating something so sublime, that is a heart stopper. It may not happen very often, but there is always the memory of it to lead me forward to greater efforts (and of course I have pictures to remind me of those special moments).

Bending down to inhale the scent of a rose that smells as wonderful as La France or Wild Edric does something to my heart at that moment and also in retrospect whenever the memory of that fragrance comes back to me.

Ingrid

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Lynn, you will giggle at this.....I thought hmmm a rose called french lavender...wow I have to see it......

{{gwi:241918}}
    Goodwin Creek.

I have been watching a big fat bud develop on a rose given to me, one of those ones I had read about and heard about. And today in the fine drizzle it opened. It is wonderful and the scent is incredible.

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kippy,

I love lavender. Many perform so well here, and once established, they can be pretty drought tolerant.

I edit my posts so frequently. I am a habitual multi-tasker, rusher, and writing quite often on a mini- IPAD doesn't help matters.

I cleaned the post up a little... Again... Of course....:)

• mendocino_rose
    10 years ago

In the Spring I just walk around in a perpetual state of wonder.

• User
    10 years ago

Blossom, right now, it is everywhere - quickthorn, cherries, almonds, viburnum.......there is nothing more lovelier than that simple five-petalled form, with a coronet of stamens and emerging leaves.

• jacqueline9CA
    10 years ago

This time of year it is banksia lutea blooming 3 stories up the house.

• mariannese
    10 years ago

Everything I discover again after the dreariness of winter, old friends I meet again that I thought I had lost. The earthy smell of the soil, strongest now before it is covered in green. The purple haze of the birches just before the buds open.

• portlandmysteryrose
    10 years ago

Ooo, Lynn. You and I could garden together! Deep red/purple and Mdme. Joseph. Yes, please. I'm redesigning my garden and have ordered a few roses that make my heart go pitter patter: Rook (Paul Barden's luscious deep purple fluff of deliciousness gallica), Crested Damask (Paul Barden's sepal fringed pink petticoats hybrid damask), Great Maiden's Blush (delicately blushing sweet confection alba) and La Ville de Bruxelles (intoxicating old rose fragrance packed into candy pink damask ruffles). Pitter pat! Carol

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Campanula and Jacqueline, oh my!!!!! Blossom and Lady Banks are gorgeous.

Carol, I looked up Rook on HMF...oh yes, it is one of those that makes your heart go pitter patter roses. Oh I wish I could grow Gallicas!

Lynn

This post was edited by desertgarden561 on Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 15:23

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

June! That's the best time of year for me and going outside to survey my little patch of garden always gives me a thrill. So many things are in bloom, color is rampant and the air is filled with scents. How could your heart not skip a beat? I like to go out and sit in the warm sun and just take it all in. The blue sky, the brightly colored flowers, the perfume on the breeze, the birds chirping, my little piece of heaven.