Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Early Spring - Part 3 (and last)

I've had my husband hide the camera so I won't be tempted to do more of this for quite some time. Some people take drugs, I take pictures ......

{{gwi:242209}}

{{gwi:242210}}
For Zachary - Souvenir du President Carnot

{{gwi:242211}}
Romaggi Plot Bourbon

{{gwi:242212}}
Souvenir de la Malmaison and Mutabilis

{{gwi:242213}}
Souvenir de la Malmaison

{{gwi:242215}}
Reine de Violettes open bloom

{{gwi:242216}}
Mr. Bluebird

{{gwi:242217}}
Mrs. B.R. Cant

{{gwi:242218}}
Limonium perezii and backyard birdbirth

{{gwi:242219}}

{{gwi:242220}}
Front garden views

{{gwi:242222}}
The President is bald

{{gwi:242223}}
The Bermuda Rose Spice

{{gwi:242224}}
La France - so fragrant

{{gwi:242226}}
The Ingenious Mr. Fairchild - a young plant still

Ingrid

Comments (15)

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

stunning. thanks for sharing.

• portlandmysteryrose
    10 years ago

Taking pictures is a healthy addiction, I think! Really lovely photos, Ingrid. Your birdbath is a charming touch. The terra cotta blends with the natural soil and enhances the sense of place. I'm sure that visiting members of the local wildlife appreciate a drink in the heat of the summer, too. Please tell the President that many bald men are very attractive, especially when they arrive with gorgeous bouquets of sumptuous pink blooms! I'm glad you didn't relinquish your camera before this leg of the tour. Much appreciated! Carol

• Sow_what? Southern California Inland
    10 years ago

Ingrid:

Tell your husband to give the camera back Your garden has a rugged beauty that begs to be shared. Pretty color scheme that would remain just as lovely if you wanted to add back in Carding Mill, as long as you dappled its color here and there rather than adding it in just one place. Love your roses, especially SdlM, and I'm so excited about adding it to the Humpty Dumpty House gardens!

-jannike

• growing_rene2
    10 years ago

Beautiful (and warm looking!). I hope to see the beginnings of blooms within a couple of weeks. Though, winter is really not wanting to leave. :/

• sidos_house
    10 years ago

You gardens look even prettier than last year, Ingrid.

• mendocino_rose
    10 years ago

Don't put the camera away now! Wait until the hot winds blow and Spring is past. How lovely it is.

• zjw727
    10 years ago

What a gorgeous flower- really, that color!!! I can't wait for my Mrs. Lovell Swisher to bloom!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

They are really pretty, beautiful roses and the other flowers are lovely, such a good accent. Of course I love your SdLM and the Reine des Violettes and Mrs. B.R. Cant are out of this world. They are all gorgeous. I don't think anyone would tire of seeing your roses, that's why we are on here. Please let us enjoy them as long as possible!

• fogrose
    10 years ago

Lovely as always Ingrid. Thanks for sharing.

Diane

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

What to do when you're all being so complimentary and nice? Well, it's actually turned rather cool (50 degrees in the evening) and the spring flush might be delayed for a few weeks if it keeps on like this. This works well since you'll all have a nice two-week rest at least and hopefully many of the buds will have become flowers. To be continued......

Ingrid

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

That's not an addiction, it's an art! They're beautiful and we want to see them and see them often!

• rosefolly
    10 years ago

Hang on to the camera. You'll be glad you took all these pictures when the summer heat sets in.

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    10 years ago

Oh please DO continue! What do you think sustains rose lovers like me who still have over 2 ft. of snow on the ground? (And what is it doing this morning? Yes, 2" of predicted snow is making its way down from the sky.)
    Ingrid, your garden is beautiful and I am so enjoying the photos of the lovely blooms. Don't ever think you've posted too many!!
    Anne

• zjw727
    10 years ago

What a gorgeous flower- really, that color!!! I can't wait for my Mrs. Lovell Swisher to bloom!

• Kes Z 7a E Tn
    10 years ago

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share these. So lovely! They give the rest of us inspiration and hope that spring might really be right around the corner. I hope that you will never feel that you're taking and sharing too many pictures of your garden. Can there really be such a thing as too many pictures of pretty roses on the antique rose forum?