Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Early Spring - Part 3 (and last)

Posted by ingrid_vc Z10 SoCal (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 20:14

I've had my husband hide the camera so I won't be tempted to do more of this for quite some time. Some people take drugs, I take pictures ......

For Zachary - Souvenir du President Carnot

Romaggi Plot Bourbon

Souvenir de la Malmaison and Mutabilis

Souvenir de la Malmaison

Reine de Violettes open bloom

Mr. Bluebird

Mrs. B.R. Cant

Limonium perezii and backyard birdbirth

Front garden views

The President is bald

The Bermuda Rose Spice

La France - so fragrant

The Ingenious Mr. Fairchild - a young plant still

Ingrid

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Early Spring - Part 3 (and last)

stunning. thanks for sharing.

o

Taking pictures is a healthy addiction, I think! Really lovely photos, Ingrid. Your birdbath is a charming touch. The terra cotta blends with the natural soil and enhances the sense of place. I'm sure that visiting members of the local wildlife appreciate a drink in the heat of the summer, too. Please tell the President that many bald men are very attractive, especially when they arrive with gorgeous bouquets of sumptuous pink blooms! I'm glad you didn't relinquish your camera before this leg of the tour. Much appreciated! Carol

o

• Posted by Sow_what S. California: Inlan (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 6:24

Ingrid:

Tell your husband to give the camera back Your garden has a rugged beauty that begs to be shared. Pretty color scheme that would remain just as lovely if you wanted to add back in Carding Mill, as long as you dappled its color here and there rather than adding it in just one place. Love your roses, especially SdlM, and I'm so excited about adding it to the Humpty Dumpty House gardens!

-jannike

o

Beautiful (and warm looking!). I hope to see the beginnings of blooms within a couple of weeks. Though, winter is really not wanting to leave. :/

o

You gardens look even prettier than last year, Ingrid.

o

Don't put the camera away now! Wait until the hot winds blow and Spring is past. How lovely it is.

o

• Posted by zjw727 Oregon Coast 8b (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 12:51

What a gorgeous flower- really, that color!!! I can't wait for my Mrs. Lovell Swisher to bloom!

o

They are really pretty, beautiful roses and the other flowers are lovely, such a good accent. Of course I love your SdLM and the Reine des Violettes and Mrs. B.R. Cant are out of this world. They are all gorgeous. I don't think anyone would tire of seeing your roses, that's why we are on here. Please let us enjoy them as long as possible!

o

• Posted by fogrose zone 10/sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 23:18

Lovely as always Ingrid. Thanks for sharing.

Diane

o

What to do when you're all being so complimentary and nice? Well, it's actually turned rather cool (50 degrees in the evening) and the spring flush might be delayed for a few weeks if it keeps on like this. This works well since you'll all have a nice two-week rest at least and hopefully many of the buds will have become flowers. To be continued......

Ingrid

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 23:44

That's not an addiction, it's an art! They're beautiful and we want to see them and see them often!

o

Hang on to the camera. You'll be glad you took all these pictures when the summer heat sets in.

o

Oh please DO continue! What do you think sustains rose lovers like me who still have over 2 ft. of snow on the ground? (And what is it doing this morning? Yes, 2" of predicted snow is making its way down from the sky.)
Ingrid, your garden is beautiful and I am so enjoying the photos of the lovely blooms. Don't ever think you've posted too many!!
Anne

o

• Posted by zjw727 Oregon Coast 8b (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 10:21

What a gorgeous flower- really, that color!!! I can't wait for my Mrs. Lovell Swisher to bloom!

o

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share these. So lovely! They give the rest of us inspiration and hope that spring might really be right around the corner. I hope that you will never feel that you're taking and sharing too many pictures of your garden. Can there really be such a thing as too many pictures of pretty roses on the antique rose forum?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here