Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Felicite et Perpetue help.

Posted by SouthCountryGuy SE BC 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 21:20

Okay, on a whim and photo's I purchased this fine looking rose from palatine but am having problems finding any information on how it does in my zone. I am rated as Z5 but it will be in a Z6 spot. Can I expect 15 foot plus canes? Any help would be appreciated. I am starting to stress over the endeavour of all the new roses.
*edit* wrong cane length entered before at 25

Thanks

This post was edited by SouthCountryGuy on Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 21:47

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Felicite et Perpetue help.

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 21:52

Have to wonder if that will really be hardy there.

o

bboy I agree, depends where you look. Palatine lists it as 5b, HMF as 6a and others all over the map.

I am hoping someone in a somewhat similar zone can attest to size it gets for them. I know my mileage may vary but I need to initially position this plant, hopefully properly...

Thanks for looking.

o

I don't know about its growing zones, but if it does at all well for you I can promise you a vigorous, thorny rose.
You have been warned.
Melissa

o

Sounds wonderful! I have just the spot for it. The teenagers that sneak onto my place to snag a couple brews out of the shop are in for a treat!

o

SC Guy, I am not at all in your zone, but my pair of them are doing great. No one will be jumping the fence at the lower corners. Well not a second time at least. :)

The one planted the longest (2 seasons in the ground) has probably 20 new canes. Guessing yours will survive under ground at least. The canes are so thin and wispy looking, your neighbor boys will have not idea what hit them (till they call for help)

o

Thanks!!! It was a partial whim purchase but you all confirmed what I wanted to hear. I am going to stick it in the zone 6 pocket and let it go wild. I am so excited!!

o

Photos, this was a small cutting a couple of years ago
Félicité Perpétue

Félicité Perpétue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here